Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Anyone out there? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone out there?

Mark Amies
06-04-2009, 01:18 PM
I am sure there are a number of you guys with Fuji ASK2000's - maybe a few with Fuji ASK1500's.

james spawforth
06-07-2009, 07:08 PM
I have the Fuji ASK-2000, I was wondering what software others use for the printing. I have Photoshop CS3, but its a bit too fiddly when there are large numbers of people queing, having to resize and the crop and then print review, fit to page etc, anyone shed any light on this for me ?

Paul Rogers
06-07-2009, 09:39 PM
James

Download and use Picasa. It's free from Google and does the job perfectly..

14-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Hi
ASK 2000 user here just for reference.
:diff:

Mark Ludbrook
www.sportshots.co.uk

Mike Weeks
14-07-2009, 08:00 PM
Mark,

any chance that you could add a review to help any other potential buyers.

Mike

richard ham
14-07-2009, 08:11 PM
Try http://www.faststone.org/ it's better then Picasa. You can set your own custom print sizes and it's quite amazing.
Free to use for home use but a license required for corporate use. $34.95, that's around £21 so an absolute bargain. Use it to death before buying a license.

21-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Tanks Richard, just downloaded Faststone and it does seem great. Love the border masks!

Dead simple to pick up, with extra functionality. Looks spot-on and worth every penny :D

richard ham
21-07-2009, 03:56 PM
If you upload images to your site then look at batch convert (tools>batch convert).
I resize mine to 800 pixels along longest length at 72dpi then add a frame. There are lot's of frame options and you can add a custom water mark should you wish.

I have a custom profile for my Mitsu but neither Picasa nor Faststone utilise icc profiles. Having said that, i have done a side by side comparison with Picasa and found Faststone gives far better colour and contrast output.
With a little tinkering in the colour settings of my Mitsu i've created a default setting which gives me spot on prints every time.

21-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Cheers, I too have tweaked m printer settings to get prints that look good.

I need to sit down and read the instructions, but adding a custom border mask would be a really, really useful feature for me. Save using Photoshop actions.

I'll have a play and read some more. Let the missus have a look too as she is the one likely to be using it.

To be honest, the only reason I'm not sticking with Nikons View NX is because you can't crop in it :?

I'm actually using windows pictue and fax viewer a lot myself for straight printing out of a folder.