Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Copal DBP/Fuji Ask 1500 media set! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Copal DBP/Fuji Ask 1500 media set!

john christopher
04-09-2009, 01:30 PM
Has anyone had RECENT experience of using the inexpensive non OEM media set that Photomart are now selling for the above printers? The media is selling at half the cost of the original. I test a roll about 18 months ago and it was awful. Washed out colours, grey blacks and mucky whites. I was thinking of creating a separate ICC profile for this media given the price. I'm just more than suspect about it's quality. I've noticed that Photomart have run out of stock, so someone must be buying it. It's just that someone isn't me. Any and all feedback would be gratefully accepted.

john christopher
09-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Update:

I'm in the process of having a custom ICC profile generated for me by a company called Native Digital, specific for this non OEM media set for the Copal/Fuji 1500. I'll keep everyone updated in my progress.

john christopher
01-07-2010, 09:42 PM
I've just tested the non OEM Media Set that Photomart sell for the Fuji/Copal branded DBP 1000/1500 dye sub printer, along with the custom ICC profile that I had generated by Native Digital (for use with the original media set) and touch wood, everything is looking surprisingly look. Skins tones are natural (if a touch on the red side) while the blacks and whites are what they should be, nice and crisp. This profile does seem to be alot better than the original ones supplied by Copal and Fuji. I've attached the profile here. Test and enjoy!

Update: It seems that the extension icc is not allowed, so if anyone wants to use my profile with their DBP 1000/1500 machine, just e-mail me and I'll send you a copy. No worries.

john christopher
15-08-2010, 11:30 AM
Update: ICC profile

A couple of weeks ago I finally got round to producing a specific custom ICC profile for the Non OEM Copal DBP/Fuji Ask 1500 media set as sold by Photomart via the good people at Native Digital. What I ended up with was prints will a green cast. Now this cast was successfully dialled out using the printers manual settings but I still wasn't pleased. Worse still, when I reverted back to the original Native Digital icc profile which I had successfully previously used, the prints came out with the same cast. I've assigned the profile several times but always get the same results, GREEN! Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?