Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
ASK2500 [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : ASK2500

Mark Amies
30-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Has anyone tried out this machine yet? Any thoughts?

Stuart Morley
30-04-2010, 02:51 PM
We had one that we demo'd at Focus. It's faster than the 2000 and is supposed to use new media.

However we found quality issues with the 2500 media which was better with the 2000 media (which seems to work in the 2500 btw). Fuji had the same problem on their stand with the same images.

Yet to hear back from Fuji

We have a 2000 and 2500 on demo if anyone wants to see them

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

gary evans
30-04-2010, 03:06 PM

There you go Mark, go have a look at this printer and then afterwards you can both beat the sh*t out of each other and then you can keep it off the forum!!

:rofl:

Mark Amies
30-04-2010, 03:46 PM
The ASK 2500 media has a special formulation which has reduced static on the laminate coating.

Other features of the media specifically developed for the ASK2500 is that it has 'Enhanced Whiteness & Gloss'.

We are selling the machine by the way , as we are a Fuji UK Distributor.

Stuart Morley
01-05-2010, 06:43 AM

There you go Mark, go have a look at this printer and then afterwards you can both beat the sh*t out of each other and then you can keep it off the forum!!

:rofl:

Gary:
Mark Started the Thread, I responded with helpful comments. (So far so good)

Not quite sure what purpose your post serves to be honest particularly in light of previous comments etc

I have made my position quite clear in that I have no issues with Mark at Photomart so I feel the post a little uncalled for.

Can we keep it on track and un-confrontational please, I think that's what we all would like.

:pce:

Stu

Mark Amies
01-05-2010, 10:17 AM
Stuart is quite right, and professional in his response.

I posted up the comment out of an interest view. As I had stated I want to limit my posting if I can to areas that concern my day to day business and that of Photomart and the industry.

The printer had not been mentioned and it is only right that people are made aware of it's existence. As ever the choice of where the machine would be purchased from remains the choice of the user, so both my comments and that of Stuart at System Insight are fair and open. The joint input should and can help those out there who wish to find out.

So yes, let's in the sake of moderation, keep it nice, eh?

I'm not criticising Gary, he is free to a certain extent to make comment, and I am sure he is not doing it for any other reason that to keep humour. I think there are times when both myself and Staurt could be seen to be taking things a little too seriously. Hey- I ended up in pig tails and a halter neck yesterday evening - so I think I know what the score is.

Let's lighten up. :-)

gary evans
02-05-2010, 09:14 PM
.......... so I think I know what the score is.

Let's lighten up. :-)

Exactly, I was being light-hearted. Maybe I'll just not bother.

Oh, and Mark .......... so you do know what todays score was :D

http://www.myeventphoto.co.uk/images/lcfc_boro.jpg

Mark Amies
03-05-2010, 08:37 AM
On form there Gary. Like it. ;-)

Bryan Osborne
05-05-2010, 05:44 PM
YUP used the 2500 in anger a fast machine at 6x8 personally didn't have too much issue with colour but like the 2000 will benefit immensely from a profile!

OH here is a profile from Pure Profiles for the ASK 2000 if anyone would like it!

Giordano Monacelli
12-10-2010, 08:17 AM
Hi there, I'm also interested to the ASK2500

It's not clear if it's a good choise or if I should go for a Mitsubishi or some other. print quality? build quality? durability?

I'm near to buy one of these and I found an ASK2500 at a very good price.

what to do? buy or not buy?

thanks

Mark Amies
12-10-2010, 02:21 PM
Obviously I am aware taht you have a similar posting on another section Giordano, but I see no harm in answering on here too.

The Fuji ASK2500 is a very sold machine, in terms of build quality , following on from the ASK2000. The machine is built by Copal for Fuji, who have a very good reputation.

The chief advance on the ASK2000 is a reduction in noise.

Giordano Monacelli
24-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Now that I have this wonderful Fuji ASK-2500, I think I have a little problem

if really "the chief advance on the ASK2000 is a reduction in noise", then I have a really personal concept of noise

this is an audio file when printing a 6x9", the "bad" noise is when paper back into the printer

is it normal?

Mike Weeks
24-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Giordano,

that sounds fairly normal to me and is one of the reasons I selected DNP when I changed machines (they are quiet). I have used other printers that sound worse. Hopefully the likes of System Insight or Photomart may be able to take a listen but dont be surprised if they say it sounds normal.

Mike

Giordano Monacelli
24-10-2010, 09:11 PM
if the sound is normal, then not a problem, I don't need a quieter printer

I hope only that this sound isn't a malfunction

Stuart Morley
25-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Mike is right.

The ASK2500 is not the quietest around by a long way.

"Metal" bodied printers can (although not always) be louder and different models within the range can be louder than others. The medal bodied P710 is much louder than the P510S for example.

Did you see it working before purchase? If so, is it louder than the demo machine?

Stu

Mark Amies
25-10-2010, 07:54 AM
The ASK2500 should be a whole lot quieter than the ASK2000 when it it is in standard print mode, a lot less clunking.

Giordano, if you think thre is something wrong I would suggest you take it up with the people you bought it from.

Bryan Osborne
25-10-2010, 08:02 AM
I run an ASK 2000 for sorta general gigs and it is rather loud..in fact I wouldn't use it during a formal dinner if I was in the same room! I also run DNP 8x12 printers which I feel I CAN use close in to an Event's formal element...Haven't tried DNP 6x8-6x9 but I am assured the sound is the same as the larger one..So will have to wait to recover the investment in 4 Metal Bodies 6x8-6x9 machines or possibly sell them on.

However, I think that the ASK2000/2500 and Sony DR150's are my preferred machines for outdoor events.

Bryan

john christopher
25-10-2010, 10:46 AM
Weird!

I've used the older full metal jacket ASK 1500 for a number of years now and compared to something like the Mitsubishi 9800, mine is fairly quiet. I have to agree with Bryan though. For outdoor events the Copal/Fuji machines are near bullet proof.

Giordano

My advise! Get down on bended knee and plead to Bryan. Maybe he'll show mercy and "give" you a useful ICC profile that you can use with your new printer. Remember to say pretty please and thank you! LOL!

:pce:

Steph

Giordano Monacelli
25-10-2010, 02:18 PM
I don't think ask-2500 is a loud machine, the only bad noise is the one of when the printer pass the three colors

someone with ask-2500 can send me an audio registration of a 6x9" printing in order to compare to mine?