[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
DNP DS40 output tray? 
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Tel: 07795 824 494
My Gallery: Please Look
Post Re: DNP DS40 output tray?
Mark Amies wrote:
Any chance we can get an image of this Tesco wonder please?

There's a shot of it on the thread mentioned earlier:

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3005

Simon

Never argue with idiots
They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience

Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:22 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Tel: 0208 5276006
Just one thing , when using a non standard, non manufacturer recommended adaptation, be aware that any damage caused by using it , is under your responsibility.

Sorry for the boring lecture. But it is common sense.

'Strike Hard, Strike Sure'

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm WWW

We found that the DS40 & DS80 are great printers but have rotten trays. (Sorry Mark)
We went from catching the print as they were printed, sticking a label on the back, putting it to a food plastic bag (always slipping of the table on to the floor),
To having the printers in a wooden box (with air holes in, and a hole in the back for the electrics) a slide out piece of wood (from under the printer) with the frames on top of.
Frames in seal grip bags (customers can see the prints with out torching or dropping drink on the print.) The print comes out, land on top of the stack of frames, customer can see the size of the frames.

[u]How we worked yesterday is not the way we will work tomorrow become today we will learn something new[/u]

Will upload photo of print box setup tomorrow

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:03 pm
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Mark Amies wrote:
Just one thing , when using a non standard, non manufacturer recommended adaptation, be aware that any damage caused by using it , is under your responsibility.

Sorry Mark but is the tray you sell specifically made for the DNP DS40/80 or is it made for the Mitsubishi and does it have both manufacturers approval?

Are you saying that if I should choose to catch the prints in a bucket that if the printer subsequently fails and I mention in passing that I use a bucket to catch the prints that the repair would not be covered by warranty?

Again, sorry Mark but I do not see how using one of these trays could in any way be seen as 'adapting' the machine.

Perhaps, if the manufacturers unit was better made (I have two and both of mine are broken) or if the recommended replacement was better priced then we would not seek other options. The tray I use just happens to be a perfect fit and sites neatly under the printer. You could even source a supply of them and perhaps use them as a standard replacement/alternative option.

John

Tips and other rambles of a photographer
http://8by10.blogspot.com

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:29 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

OK, here we go.

Trays. Not every printer actually comes with a print output tray. Many of you guys will know this, with different manufacturers dealing with it in different ways. Some didn't come with any tray, some came with very good ones. I can think of some printers we sold in the recent past who had really quite pathetic manufacturer supplied trays, usually made of brittle plastic that broke as soon as look at them.

The point here is the main market for these machines is not event photography- that may shock you, but it is true. The main market , the biggest market, is the photo kiosk market. Now photo kiosks will normally have a print catcher built into the main construction of the kiosk, and therefore a tray is not required as a seperate item with the printer.

When you lok a printer like the DS40, there is very little drop from the output to the surface that the printer is stood on, and so producing a tray deep enough to take a bigger print is impractical. So there is a degree of 'Hobson's Choice'.

I wish there was a better solution, believe me. However whatever the sitaution , it has not been so much of a problem to stop people using the printer succesfully.

Whilst we look at the DNP DS40, I wonder with those who have it , the Mitsubsihi CPD70- how about the catcher on that?.

Last edited by Mark Amies on Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:31 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

john wright wrote:
Mark Amies wrote:

Sorry Mark but is the tray you sell specifically made for the DNP DS40/80 or is it made for the Mitsubishi and does it have both manufacturers approval?

Are you saying that if I should choose to catch the prints in a bucket that if the printer subsequently fails and I mention in passing that I use a bucket to catch the prints that the repair would not be covered by warranty?

Again, sorry Mark but I do not see how using one of these trays could in any way be seen as 'adapting' the machine.

Perhaps, if the manufacturers unit was better made (I have two and both of mine are broken) or if the recommended replacement was better priced then we would not seek other options. The tray I use just happens to be a perfect fit and sites neatly under the printer. You could even source a supply of them and perhaps use them as a standard replacement/alternative option.

John

Which tray are you referring to John , please?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:35 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Hi Mark

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =265061325

Cheers
John

Tips and other rambles of a photographer
http://8by10.blogspot.com

Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:41 pm WWW

john wright wrote:
Hi Mark

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/ ... =265061325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers
John

Stress on the word "stackable". I don't only use these trays as prints catchers (sorry Mark) but also as a neat storage system (inside the case) for odd and sobs while the cases are in transit. The fact remains that these trays make for very practical pieces of kit for the event photographer.

PS: I've already scatched the front of both my DS40/80 printers, so be warned!

John

"Anger......These are your emotions acting without the benefit of intellect." Passenger 57

Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:50 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

That is what I was getting at John. Although the printers are strong , the front fascia panels will be vunerable in this situation - so yes, take care guys.

Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:57 am WWW
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2