The Event Photographer Society
Last visit was: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:06 pm
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:06 pm

The Event Photographer Society Chat Room - To Enter Click Here

[ 3 posts ] 
Introduction - There's a new insurance guy in town! 

Post Introduction - There's a new insurance guy in town!
Hi EPS people,

I thought I'd just quickly pop on here to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Steve Beveridge and the man behind Cliik, the new insurance policy for photographers. I'm not new to this field or the EPS as I did work for one of the other companies that does this type of insurance and so some people may recognise my name. Anyway, after a year away I've been lucky enough to bring my own policy to the market and so Cliik is alive!

It's a comprehensive package policy, with generous levels of cover such as Public Liability at £5m (a must have for most venues these days) and doesn't have some of the limitations other policies have i.e. cover after 9pm is a gimme with me, I know you guys are working odd hours.

For anyone interested in getting a quote, hopefully there will be an online form on here soon, but in the meantime I can be contacted either on 0845 241 8554, or steveb@cliik.co.uk or go to the website http://www.cliik.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and complete one of our contact me forms.

We're also running a free competition to give away a lens worth £1000 (winner to choose what make/model they want) so if you're on the site fill in the online form! It closes on 30th November 2011 so be quick!

I'll be around to answer queries if anyone has them and look forward to meeting/speaking to more of you as the days go by!

Oh, and there's a 10% discount on quotes for ESP members! 8-)

Cheers,

Steve.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:10 am
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Tel: 07595 936470
My Gallery: Please Look
Post Re: Introduction - There's a new insurance guy in town!
I renewed with Steve just before the meet in Coventry. I have to say I was very impressed with the questions he asked to make sure I had the right type of cover. It's the first time ever I have actually been confident that my insurer understands what we do as event photographers.

I highly recommend anyone renewing or taking out insurance to give Steve a ring first.

http://www.facebook.com/trudy.traffordphotography

Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:23 am WWW

Tel: 07966572729
Post Re: Introduction - There's a new insurance guy in town!
I'm also teaching photography at classes I organise. Are your policies flexible enough to cover that kind of activity?

One of the venues I am planning to teach at requires £25 million of PLI... I couldn't quite believe this myself and I have asked if my current level of PLI is sufficient. Just out of interest though, could you feasibly offer that amount of cover?

Penultimate question... it looks like you have some details of a standard policy detailed on your website. You have gone so far as to show how much hired equipment you cover, what about the photographers own equipment? And is that covered when left locked up in a car or van (although not visibly on show).

I'm also a product photographer .. does goods in trust include products I'm collecting/returning and storing prior/post shoot on behalf of clients?

BTW: My renewal is due around the end of December.
Thanks

Fri Oct 28, 2011 11:14 am WWW
 [ 3 posts ]