The Event Photographer Society
Last visit was: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:10 am
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:10 am

The Event Photographer Society Chat Room - To Enter Click Here

[ 2 posts ] 
DNP DS40 problem....HELP! 

Post DNP DS40 problem....HELP!
Hi Guys,

Recently dumped an old Kodak 1400 printer I'd be using sporadically for events and have hired a ds40 for the week from Photomart. To cut a long story short I only managed to run a test print through it yesterday.

I've tested it on three different macs and I am getting horrible mottled patterns in the black and dark areas. I don't really know what to do. This happens with all colour profiles, with the printer managing the printing, in lightroom, in picasa (I also get banding in picasa) and in preview.

I am shooting a black tie event tonight and its not going to be pretty. I'm feeling really frustrated.

Does anyone have any suggestions? One thing I can't figure out on a mac is how i tell the printer to print high quality or high speed? Does anyone know where I can set this preference (or indeed whether or not im printing gloss or matt...photomart suggested this might be the problem yesterday...but apart from in Lightroom I can't see where to set this option).

Cheers
Joe

Sun May 15, 2011 8:10 am
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Tel: 0208 5276006
Post Re: DNP DS40 problem....HELP!
Joe

We are here, to help , did you call us today yet? ( I have only just got in) .

Mark

'Strike Hard, Strike Sure'

Mon May 16, 2011 1:21 pm WWW
 [ 2 posts ]