The Event Photographer Society
Last visit was: Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 am
It is currently Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:27 am

The Event Photographer Society Chat Room - To Enter Click Here

[ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Problem with DS40 not printing. 

Post Problem with DS40 not printing.
I have just opened my lovely new DS40 and I have installed all the relevant drivers onto my computer (HP) and three laptops (2 HP's and one Dell) all running vista. The results have been great as everyone has reported from each computer but for some reason I have failed to get any prints from one of my Hewlett Packard Laptop (model HP G70 Notebook).
I have setup the drivers and preferences all the same way and each time I try to send a print it very briefly appears in the print queue then disappear and leave no trace and no print !
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am very frustrated.

Graeme.

Icon Events Photography

Mon May 17, 2010 1:14 pm

Post Re: Problem with DS40 not printing.
Is it directly connected to the disobedient HP laptop or shared across a network?

If directly connected check the paper sizes are for the right media dimensions and also perhaps go into Control panel>Admin Tools>Services and check the printer spooler, it may be worth stopping and restarting that service.

If networked, are the paper sizes correct? We occasionally see errors where the printer driver and also default paper sizes are used when installing a shared printer on a networked machine. Print sizes may be correct on the host machine but the client machine may not match this. You will simply get a brief error message popup on the machine with the printer attached locally and the print will appear to have been sent from the client machine. I use Olmecs but unless this is DS40 unique issue then I'm sure the issue is generic to all printers.

Mon May 17, 2010 1:23 pm WWW

Thank for your help Peter.

The printer is directly connected to the HP laptop and I restarted the printer spooler. I have been able to print out the windows printer test page for the first time, but still no joy with any prints from photoshop and similar programs.

Graeme.

Icon Events Photography

Mon May 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Presumably you couldn't print the windows test page previous to restarting the print spooler? So some progress I guess. I'd be tempted then to delete the printer and re-install on a separate USB port and see what results you get, to make sure for example that you have not got more than one instance of the printer installed. I have seen that within applications where you are trying to print to Olmec OP1000 which will be offline and in fact the Olmec OP1000 ( copy 1) is the printer showing ready status.

Try that and report back, I'm sure those that own the printer might have some suggestions.

Mon May 17, 2010 5:14 pm WWW

Graham

i nearly set up a separate thread before your post came up.
I've loaded the DNP onto the PC, no probs.
Loaded onto the mac, no probs after I had downloaded a more up to date driver.
After a period of time thought I'd better load the older mac as this is the one I'll be taking on events. Nope, no way, nadah.

I'll phone Mark at Photomart tomorrow to see if any ideas ? but I think like yours, it sounds like a system error or update that is required on the comp rather than anything wrong with the DS40.
I've used various software all with the same message, deleted the printers, deleted the drivers, re-uploaded, same message
(my error says PDFtoDNPfailed. Any ideas people ?)

I'll keep you posted and vice versa please

Mon May 17, 2010 9:07 pm

So does the driver install create more than 1 printer? Does it for instance install the DNP printer plus a PDF printer? If so is the DNP the default printer?

Sorry I think I've exhausted my suggestions.

Good luck hope it gets sorted.

Tue May 18, 2010 5:09 am WWW

Tel: 08456 441532
Try pluging into other USB ports...

Al'

Tue May 18, 2010 6:10 am WWW

Quote:
i nearly set up a separate thread before your post came up.
I've loaded the DNP onto the PC, no probs.
Loaded onto the mac, no probs after I had downloaded a more up to date driver.
After a period of time thought I'd better load the older mac as this is the one I'll be taking on events. Nope, no way, nadah.

Ian,

I Think its a Snow leopard Issue are you using v2.1.1 of driver ?

Link to drivers & firmware

http://www.photomart.co.uk/content/cont ... phome.html

Al'

Tue May 18, 2010 6:41 am WWW

Alan Warner wrote:
Quote:

I Think its a Snow leopard Issue are you using v2.1.1 of driver ?

Link to drivers & firmware

http://www.photomart.co.uk/content/cont ... phome.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Al'

Thanks Al (and sorry Graham if I've hijacked your thread)
I have loaded various drivers including the one from your link.
Older driver version will not load and tells me to get newer driver (2.1.1)
Loaded it. Everything loads ok, printer looks like it's working fine in preferences, but just fails to print with message pdftodnp failed.
This is the only printer on the mac and has been made default (& tried last printer option)
??????????

Tue May 18, 2010 8:10 am

I found a French forum with reports of the same issue with Snow Leopard

Quote:
Hello,

I have just done the acquisition of a printed copy to thermal sublimation DNP DS40 and I work with a Pro MacBook Intel under Mac Bone X 10.5.8.

I installed to drive it Mac but unfortunately I have an impression problem.

The printed copy is well recognized, the woods of correctly posted dialog, but at the time of the sending to the printed copy, nothing does not happen... The task puts itself on "stopped" and if I do "to restart" I have an error that appears: Library/printer/DNP/pdftodnp failed.

Here for the concerns that is rather annoying, the printed copy is not in cause for she works with my mac under emulation Windows XP but this is not the in demand goal!

I did the test with another Mac and the problem is the same...

Thank you for advances for your assistance this is rather urgent!!!

Quote:
THE solution...

New drive V2 working under Snow Leopard!!!

I confirm that this is an excellent printing one to thermal sublimation!!!

translation so iffy dialogue !

Alan

Tue May 18, 2010 8:16 am WWW
 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next