[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
User Names 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Tel: 07951 926304
My Gallery: Please Look
Post Re: User Names
Mark,

we do on registration in the new software and what I need to do is to get that to insert it in here. We do however regularly remind people of this.

Mike

Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm WWW

I think we run the risk of being slightly too regimented.

Reason I mention this is that I know of at least 2 members on here who are essentially freelancers who dip into this occasionally to look for work, contacts and updates etc. Both consider that it is not worth their while paying the £40 membership for several reasons.

As far I am aware both are registered with their real names and locations.

Just a thought.

Sat Apr 17, 2010 6:05 pm WWW

Tel: 07980954070
Peter,

What are you trying to say.

Ian

Social & Event Photography
ian@fotologic.co.uk

http://www.fotologic.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:04 pm WWW

Tel: 08456 441532
Quote:

Peter there is a balance that we need to achieve if the EPS is to be the No1 Photography Society for our Genre of Photography

more Professionalism is still required to be taken seriously in our trade, do we want a chit chat forum/society or a professional trade forum/society

despite my often disagreeing with Forum Policy, I'm here because I want the Society to work, and improve the quality of a profession that I have chosen to follow for the last 15+years using both film & digital tech...

Alan

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:14 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Tel: 0777 9297070
Peter Martin-Turner wrote:

Reason I mention this is that I know of at least 2 members on here who are essentially freelancers who dip into this occasionally to look for work, contacts and updates etc. Both consider that it is not worth their while paying the £40 membership for several reasons.

One of the benefits of the paid Affiliate membership is access to the job section. If only one job per year is obtained is that not worth the £40 membership? That is one reason for joining as an Affiliate but just out of interest I would like to hear their "several reasons" why not.
They can of course just post their details in the freelance section which is free and hope they will be contacted there.

http://www.digitalphotoevents.co.uk

Sat Apr 17, 2010 7:30 pm

I have happily paid my £40 and consider it money very well spent, as someone who earns 90% of my living from event photography. In the last year I have gained many times that in advice, tips and knowledge. I suggested a paid for format many months ago to ensure the financial viability of this site as a resource.

Others including those I mentioned access the forums less regularly and for different reasons.

I have yet to take on any work through the paid for jobs section but have offered several jobs myself including most recently a 2 day football tournament that someone else was happy to take on.

My posts tend to be sporadic but hopefully nevertheless of benefit to others. Your mileage may vary, but that after all is life both on and outside of forums.

Does this clarify what I meant?

Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:25 pm WWW
Affiliate Member
Affiliate Member

Tel: 0777 9297070
Peter
The Society is clearly working for you and are happy to join the paid Affiliates. I totally agree with the level of support the forum gives and this is available to all.I'm sure in time the jobs section will work both ways for you. My question was really aimed at the two freelancers you mentioned. It just appeared in your post they were not prepared to pay the subcription yet happy to receive the benefits, or have I miss interpret your post.

http://www.digitalphotoevents.co.uk

Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:23 am
Site Admin
Site Admin

It has not gone un-noticed that I have added badges next to names to help members easily identify what groups people belong to. The software is not 100% happy with it and this morning I have carried out about 20 corrections so if yours is affected please let me know and I will amend.

Mike

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:52 am WWW
Site Admin
Site Admin

I should just add that having the wrong Rank badge next to your name does not mean that you wont have access to the areas you are entitled to as it is a totally seperate setting, however if it is wrong just let me know.

The reason that many are wrong is because the rank badges have been added after people have joined - on change and with new additions it should be OK.

Mike

Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 am WWW
 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2