Thread: Thinking about using Parata - advice needed

Thinking about using Parata - advice needed

I'm looking to move away from contact sheets to viewing screens with a 3VS setup initially. My preferred route at the moment is Parata and I've been thinking about the workflow and just looking to see how others integrate Parata with an editing and printing tool. My preferred option is to use Lightroom and so would this work - ingest cards into Parata, get LR to watch the folders where Parata puts the original files then, on a sale, search for the image number crop, straighten and adjust if necessary and print for LR? Am I missing something or does anyone else use a similar workflow?

Founder

Re: Thinking about using Parata - advice needed

David,

the next first Tuesday will be looking at viewing systems, if you want to chat about parata before then give me a call

Mike

Probably the wrong side of London for you but I'm over in Surrey this Sat & Sun, your welcome to come and have a good look at my setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Taylor View Post
    Probably the wrong side of London for you but I'm over in Surrey this Sat & Sun, your welcome to come and have a good look at my setup.

I would say its would be Worth a trip to have a look at Graham and how he works with it,a bit of fuel i guess but would save you hours of trawling the Internet for advice

Thanks for the offers Mike and Graham, really appreciate it and you're right Mark, there's no substitute to seeing it in action!

I'm busy Sunday and I've got a cricket game to cover on Saturday afternoon so I'll see if I can get down Saturday morning in enough time to get back for cricket, which is the opposite direction unfortunately (if you could message me the address that would be great Graham, thanks). I should have had a better look when I saw you in Walthamstow - I did see it in operation but not 'behind the scenes'! I'm quite IT savvy so should be able to set it up ok so mainly interested in getting the workflow right and trying to gauge where 3 viewing stations becomes too few - I'm little bit worried about whether this would lead to lost sales by people not being able to view when others are at the screens.

Certainly will give you a call Mike when I have specific questions - many thanks for the offer again and I'll certainly take part in the next 'first Tuesday' as long as I'm free - I've only managed to make the Green Screen one so far

Dave