Thread: Kodak 6800

Kodak 6800

I've got a problem with my 'old' 6800.

I say 'old', it's five years old now but done relatively few prints.

The problem is the shadows are coming out pink instead of grey.

I took an image to Photomart at Focus, one printed out on the Kodak, the same image printed on a Sony UPDR150 and an Epson 2400.

Evem the Sony showed a slight colour cast on the shadows (nothing like the Kodak) but the Epson was perfect.

I've tried the calibration tool from Kodak, to no avail and was wondering if any of you had had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Steve

Re: Kodak 6800

Technology has moved on a lot from the 6800 which in my opinion was not a good printer due to the problems being used near flash.

Have you tried other brands?

If you want to send us the image we can print in on other printers for you if you want for you to compare.

Kind Regards

Stuart

www.systeminsight.co.uk

Founder

Stevie,

its obviously a profile problem however I followed a thread about the 6800s on another forum and they are notorious to profile well.

I use pureprofiles if I need a custom profile made. Do not go for the standard profile but the enhanced one, tell them it is for a 9" x 6" printer (not sur of the 6800 size) or whatever is required and they will send the required charts to be printed.

Mike

The Kodak 6800/6850 had been reported many times to suffer with light leakage from flash systems ina studio setting.

The problem seems to have been sorted with the newer Kodak 605, which is pretty much the same machine witha new casing.

The Kodak 6800 series machine was an excellent machine by the way, but yes it has now been surpassed by newer machines. It was at one time considered the RollsRoyce of dye subs actually.

It is still used by a great many event businesses, as well as being fitted into a great many of the Kodak Photo Kiosks that appear in photo shops.

Thanks for your response guys.

I've had a good play with Kodaks calibration tool and it's better but not 100% right.

I'll try the enhanced profile Mike and let you know how I get on.

Steve

Did you try Pure Profiles for a custom profile?

I've not had chance to look into it yet...hopefully by the end of the week I'll have something to report.

Steve