Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Viewing station set up for sale

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    204

    Viewing station set up for sale



    Hi
    I am selling my viewing station set up which comprises 3 wyse terminals, 3 monitors (2 LG 19" and 1 Acer 20"). Also includes 3 new Dell Mice, 3 other USB mice as back ups, and all accessories, cables, router, plugs and extension leads, also included are 2 keyboards and a USB switching box. I bought this set up a few months ago but having been offered a few used iPad's I have decided to use these as viewing stations. Looking for £375 or nearest offer for these. Collection would be from Cannock, Staffordshire. Any questions give me a call 07545 818551. Thanks for looking. Regards, Mark

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Diss Norfolk
    Posts
    146

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Hi Mark
    just sent you text

    Adrian

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    204

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Sale now agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianGladwin View Post
    Hi Mark
    just sent you text

    Adrian

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Tottenham Hale, London
    Posts
    1,859

    Cool Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    Hi
    I am selling my viewing station set up which comprises 3 wyse terminals, 3 monitors (2 LG 19" and 1 Acer 20"). Also includes 3 new Dell Mice, 3 other USB mice as back ups, and all accessories, cables, router, plugs and extension leads, also included are 2 keyboards and a USB switching box. I bought this set up a few months ago but having been offered a few used iPad's I have decided to use these as viewing stations. Looking for £375 or nearest offer for these. Collection would be from Cannock, Staffordshire. Any questions give me a call 07545 818551. Thanks for looking. Regards, Mark
    What, fell off a back of a lorry! Used Ipads are a bit of a oximoron if ever there was one.....

    John

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    204

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Too big a word for me John.... Don't even know what it means!!
    Quote Originally Posted by john christopher View Post
    What, fell off a back of a lorry! Used Ipads are a bit of a oximoron if ever there was one.....

    John

  6. #6

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Northants
    Posts
    58

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    The trouble is will they still work after you've nailed them down to stop them being nicked!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    204

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Swinden View Post
    The trouble is will they still work after you've nailed them down to stop them being nicked!!
    Thanks ... It's a concern for sure, time will tell! Regards,

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    609

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Good luck with the iPads. I have one that I put out at times and it is in a secure housing that conceals the home button so users cannot escape from the viewing system.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    204

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Yeah, security is the concern and I am looking at some various options today for keeping these secure.
    It would be interesting to know if you can actually disable the home button in any way? Is the housing you use a custom made one or something you bought? Mark
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Martin View Post
    Good luck with the iPads. I have one that I put out at times and it is in a secure housing that conceals the home button so users cannot escape from the viewing system.

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    609

    Re: Viewing station set up for sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Jones View Post
    Yeah, security is the concern and I am looking at some various options today for keeping these secure.
    It would be interesting to know if you can actually disable the home button in any way? Is the housing you use a custom made one or something you bought? Mark
    Its something I bought. I have not looked in a while but the ones available here in UK were very expensive so I got one from the US. It cost about £100 all in and does the job well. I love the ones they use in the Apple Stores and if I go down the iPad route in future may get something made similar to those. I did talk to a manufacturer about it and it is not a problem to do, though I would have to proved an iPad for measurements etc.

    You would have to jailbreak the iPad to disable the home button as doing so destroys one of the main features of the iPad. Maybe you could get somebody to write an App that would require a password to use the home button. I don't know how you plan to display the images but look at Kiosk Pro if web based on a server. It is what I have on the iPad.

    Let us now how you go about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •