Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: koak problems again

Re: koak problems again

Given that the printers in question came off the market nearly two years ago, I would be very surprised if they were in warranty, unless the machines had an arranged extension of warranty.

Founder

Ian,

not saying that the use is right or wrong, just that we all need to be aware of it. Many of the top companies are training employees to monitor such sites for issues, others are using them to get round advertising laws.
    Mike

The printer is a 605 and as served me well, but it has intermittent code error,05,06 etc...

Because I have been busy getting every thing together re my other kit, I have not badgered kodak. It may just need a service and a good clean, or it may need the sensor's replacing like my 6850.

Either way I am a professional photographer who needs to have confidence in the supplier of my equipments and if kodak will not listen to me then i have to use modern means of communications.

My concerns are re all the photographers who were well aware of kodak lack of interest in event photographers, why they have not made there feelings known to kodak...

My thinking is if they did probably kodak may not have distance themselves from a market, which may not lucrative, but at least it adds to there revenue of the overall company.

My fist time on face book they were quick to contact me, my second time on face book nothing has happen.

Any way my mind is made up, as soon as the money is there for a new printer i will invest in another brand...

I tend to employ women at events and my kodak machines are very heavy for them to move, compared to the new models in the market place.

Am I the only one out there having problems with kodak printers?...

My 6800 is back with kodak again after being repaired with a new cutter about 4 weeks ago, and at another Golf charity dinner and dance my 605 printer came up with every sensor error in the printer, 2 @ can of air canister was wasted on trying to solve a situation....

And now one was answering my cry for help at the Holiday Inn by the Birmingham Airport....

All I need know is the funds to replace my Kodak investment of 4 machines, which may not be alot for some of you but for me right know.... Its a bad time....

Its time to move on, I wonder what deals will be at Focus next year?...

Walter, you arenot the only one who has had problems with Kodak, I had 9810 printers, dealing with Kodak was such a problem the down time cost me a fortune, in the end to survive I had to dump all 3 onto ebay(2 were working at the time) as I could not risk a problem on a job anymore, and parts for these were an arm and a leg. I moved to Mitsubishi
    and so far the problems have not returned. I do really feel sympathy with you

Rob

A few years ago I sold a printer to someone who worked for Kodak.......Needless to say it wasn't a Kodak!

I think you have come to the stage where you have to cut your losses, I guess that if they are a) costing you money to repair, b) letting you down and decreasing your profit and c) possibly affecting your reputation (due to them breaking down) then it's a no brainer in my book.

If you can't afford to purchase outright then lease them.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk

It is definitely a "NO BRAINER" I HAVE SPENT ABOUT 600 on a new cutting system and a new sensor Bord, and I was told they did me a favour on the price of repairs, which may be true.

But I do not have confidence in my machines any more, and I am conscious of my name being damaged... like the bibles says, having a "Good Name is better than Treasure"

I wish I had all the treasure, but for know I will settle on my name not being damaged in this industry, since some times you are only as good as your last job....

The job last night I will have to rely on online sales, but I find that the clients i take images off do not buy on line for some reason...

I am still baffled why kodak did nothing about the small market they entered into of event photography, in providing machines without any long terms support.

For example if you do not look on kodak web site you will not know that kodak have or will be releasing some new media which requires new Firmware for the new media to work...

They are either relying on distributors or photographers to find out why there machines are not working with new media...

Since I am sure Kodak have people monitoring forums like this, it would be a good idea if all photographers who have had a bad experience with kodak and moved on to another brand, make them selves known since, since the list would have some respectable names as a way of shaming them.....

Walter, it woul be nice to think Kodak did have someone monitoring the forum , but I don't think they have, otherwise the situation wouldn't be as poor as it is.

My advice is don't worry about Kodak, worry about you own business.

Cut your losses and move on.

Kodak will live or die by the way in which they run their business. It is obvious they don't care about yours so don't worry about theirs.

No-one else will worry about your business except you.

One rule that always works is don't worry about the people that give you grief, move on and spend time with people / suppliers / customers that matter.

Life is to short....

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk

Indeed Stuart , this has been something that I have been saying to Walter for some time now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast