Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EPS training

Founder

EPS training

I sent out the email earlier and think that this probably needs a place to be discussed;

there is the possibility to hold a day and a half or a 2 day intensive workflow training event in the third or fourth week of july, most likely spread across a wednesday and a thursday. (Dates may be changed to suit the level of interest) We are also looking at a live event if one can be found that fits in the time frame

Location is not confirmed but is most likely to be north of London (we are awaiting quotes) This will look at everything from start to finish of an event (from initial setup of the event to printing the last print and capturing the data about what you have actually done during the event) and how to best utilise the equipment that you have.

Subjects that will hopefully be covered but not limited to,

Profiles and white balance
    Wireless
    Image Organisation
    Contact Prints
    Viewing Systems
    Payment Systems
    Business & Marketing

The intention is to have as many different items of equipment as possible in combination with different software systems so that you can see the comparative merits.

What we are looking for is the level of interest and what subjects that are not included that you would like to see added where possible. Obviously interest is going to be affected by cost and the intention is to keep this below £100 per day (so £150 for the day and a half) and hopefully a lot lower. If we can arrange a local hotel that will do a deal then there is the possibility to have a bit of a social on the evening.

This should be unlike any other event photography seminar or training and until we know the level of interest to see if it is possible dont cancel or decide not to attend any upcoming events. This will be intense and is not suitable for anybody that has no knowledge of events or photography but a good background in one of them should help.

So what dou you want covered?

Mike

Re: EPS training

Good idea - count me in if I'm not working. or in Spain.

I dont have any preference as to what would be covered, but do wonder are you aiming at the social (prom) market as this can be replicated indoors whereas obviously a football tournament cant.

Is it too late to add an "prom" or "sports/equestrian" poll?

Intense or not, it would be a great chance to meet up and put faces to names.

Norf of London is cool - but not in Derby

Founder

Gary,

if a live event can be arranged it will most likely be of an indoor variety but the the workflows etc. should allow those attending to tackle a wide variety of jobs. The important thing is that people should come with an open mind and see what other ways there are of working. The idea though is not so much to tackle the photographic skills required however if the chance is available to try something different we will arrange it.

Mike

Cheers Mike, still seems a good idea to me.

Sounds like a good chance to put faces to names!

A wi-fi clinic could keep you busy all day, Mike! Can I be first? When will the manufacturers realise we don't all have degrees in IT, or the time (and hair remaining to pull out!) to sort the setting up?

Count me in, subject to work commitments...

Sounds like a good idea.

If it can wait until the first weekend of August, I may be able to provide a motocross event near Banbury. Don't know about the rest of you but we do slow down a bit in August making it a bit easiers for us?

There is a Premiere Inn with pub / restaruant attached and of course camping at the event.

Let me know your thoughts and I'll speak to the clubs owner.

I will be interested, subject to work commitments.

Founder

Ian,

the intention was to do this over a wednesday/thursday as that will allow those that have events at the weekend to get along however dependant upon feedback everything is flexible. I am sure you will find plenty of interest and it may be possible to co-ordinate.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Its not my intention to organise something in addition to what you are proposing just offering a possible venue. Unfortunatley these events do only take place at weekends when people can attend.

If you would like to stick with week days I may be able to help with an alternative venue at an MX test track near Milton Keynes, would need to see what dates were available.

Let me know if you'd like to use either option and I'll make enquiries.

I would have thought this session should take place away from an event so we can have lots of discussions/presentations/debates/break-out sessions etc about various topics listed at the top of this thread.

Personally I would value a focused agenda on various event photography topics rather than an on-to-job, taking pics session.

A wireless master class seems to be a popular topic

In recent weeks I have had to set up a few D3s for mates on mine who are not quite so network savy.

Cheers
    Graham

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast