Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Strong-Arm tactics! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Strong-Arm tactics!

ian griffiths
16-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Jeez guys, dont take this girl on in an arm-wrestling competition!

Is she in the accounts dept Mark?

Jeremy Nako
16-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Ahhhh.. that's an advance publicity photo of the new Mitsubishi wrist watch 12x8 printer...

john christopher
17-10-2009, 08:48 AM
Wrong again boys! !2", girl smiling and mains powered, you figure it out.
:omy:

john christopher
17-10-2009, 08:50 AM
Equals one satisfied customer. If only everything in life could be so fine.....

Mark Amies
17-10-2009, 09:30 AM
I did wonder when someone would make a comment about the image, I wasn't too happy with it, however I think it was done in a bit of a rush at the time. I hope when it comes to the next opportunity there is a slightly more polished presentation.

Of course, it is merely trying to get an idea across, i.e it is compact and relatively light(er) than it's competition.

I am wondering if someone will come up with an image of a guy with a standard 20+kg printer under his arm, gurning. :)

Alan Warner
18-10-2009, 10:49 AM
Looks like the papers STILL loaded, ar'nt you meant to remove it for transportation ?

well done mitsi confuse us all again :!:

AL 007

Mike Weeks
18-10-2009, 10:58 AM
Alan,

due to the loading mechanism which is virtually identical to the Mitsy 3800 I have no problem with moving it with paper loaded and there are not many printers that I would say that about.

Mike

Alan Warner
18-10-2009, 11:09 AM
When i recently spoke to the Tech Guy down at mitsi HQ,

He advised us when asked, that the media best be removed for transportation purposes in the recent range of mitsi printers 3800/9800 included just in case, as the media when new is so heavy as could come free from the mechanism and make contact with the the print assay.

I'm not one to argue so i will take your word for it...

Al 007

Stuart Morley
18-10-2009, 07:01 PM
The main issues with moving the CP3800 are as follows:

1) If the printer is carried as per the photo of the woman above, then any waste clippings can get into the printer and jam the mechanism. The job of removing a stray clipping is not an easy one and this issue should be avoided by always emptying the clipping tray before moving the unit.

2) Almost all printers that I have come across can be moved with media in. The issue comes when they are dropped e.g. if they are being shipped by courier etc, rather than being taken out of your car - unless you drop them of course :D

I never remove media unless "shipping" the unit.

Have to agree the photo of the lady and the printer did make me laugh.

Kind Regards

Stuart

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Alan Warner
18-10-2009, 09:00 PM
So to clarify...

Are you saying that you guys leave the paper in and are just careful not to drop the printer ?

or by leaving the paper in, if you drop the printer, this would cause damage that would not otherwise occur if the paper was not present.

Just trying to clarify the situation as i'm looking to purchase two or three units shortly.

(i was also advised that it was not best practice to just plug & unplug from the mains the CP9800 without switching the unit off at the rear)

many thanks

Al 007

Mike Weeks
18-10-2009, 09:14 PM
Alan,

I have been told by a couple of people involved with technical support for dye sub printers that leaving the paper in during transport is one of the biggest causes of printer failure. Two things can happen, the weight of the paper bouncing around and also paper getting trapped/causing issues in the cutter mechanism.

The DNP range and the Mitsy 3800 have a different internal layout with the DNP printers having a paper path that in my opinion means the paper is less likely to move during transport. I whole heartedley agree with Stuart about about emptying the cuttings trays as any loose pieces of paper could cause issues.

Having owned a Mitsy 9550 & owning an Olmec OP1000 I would not leave the paper in these type of printers mostly due to the paper roll holders and how they are located.

Note that these are my own thoughts.

Alan Warner
18-10-2009, 09:19 PM
Mike

Thanks for the info, that sounds reasonable to me i guess the tech guy is just covering his back...

Al 007

Mark Amies
19-10-2009, 06:00 AM
As I said the image was prepared in a rushed moment, and the guy who put the image together was not aware of these points I'd imagine. Yes the advice is uuaully to take media out before transportation.

And just to state - the printer in the image is a DNP machine, not a Mitsubishi.

Stuart Morley
19-10-2009, 07:31 AM
So to clarify...

Are you saying that you guys leave the paper in and are just careful not to drop the printer ?

or by leaving the paper in, if you drop the printer, this would cause damage that would not otherwise occur if the paper was not present.

Just trying to clarify the situation as i'm looking to purchase two or three units shortly.

(i was also advised that it was not best practice to just plug & unplug from the mains the CP9800 without switching the unit off at the rear)

many thanks

Al 007

We are always careful not to drop the printer.... :D regardless of if it has media in it !

You can either unplug or switch off, no difference.

However, if you are removing media from a CP9550 series or CP9800 then take the media out (with power on), shut the door and wait a few seconds until one of the lights flashes...this is to allow time for the head to lock away safely. You can then unplug / turn off

Directions for transporting are on the front of both printers underneath the clippings tray (which you remove when shipping anyway).

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Stuart

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk

chris hoskins
19-10-2009, 10:34 PM
I met Mark at the PV roadshow in Kent recently - and he mentioned this was 14kg. I have to say she's doing well to smile like that...