Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
iLux Summit 600 [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : iLux Summit 600

Glenn Curley
10-07-2014, 08:25 AM
Does anyone have any experience of these lights?

They appear to be sourced only through Photomart. Are they any good?

I'm looking to renew my studio kit that's now getting a little aged and looking at options. Currently using Elinchrom so considering BRX 500 kit, but am impressed by the potential of decent battery powered kit.

Choices, choices, choices.

Mike Weeks
10-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Give me a call Glenn

Mike

Garry_spight
10-07-2014, 12:07 PM
I believe Ilux is a brand that is made by photo mart.

So support is limited to them unlike the lines of bowens etc

brian oreilly
28-07-2014, 01:50 PM
I work with a photographer from Durham sometimes . she uses Ilux lights and says their great. There made in Germany and are very durable.

Mike Weeks
28-07-2014, 04:27 PM
The lights are not made in Germany, however the flash tubes are sourced from a German supplier. I have demonstrated the lights at The Photography Show this year (Summits) and the other models at Focus last year. During both shows we experienced no issues and spoke to a number of people that were existing users that were very happy with them.

Mike

Proinsias Tully
03-08-2014, 09:29 AM
really interested to know how these lights preform at a three hour event. As a one man band anything that reduces set up and take down is a great option.

Nick Gaylor
08-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Interesting question,

what are fotomats aftersales like?

Just encase something goes wrong, eg i found the flash centre really good.

nik

Mike Weeks
08-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Have a look at http://www.dorsetphotoevent.co.uk/studio-light-testing-48-hours-with-ilux-summit/ to see if that helps

Mike