Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNS DS40 colour alignment problem [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNS DS40 colour alignment problem

Paul_Golding
22-11-2013, 12:51 PM
I've got a problem suddenly developed with my previously reliable DS40 where the 3 colours are no longer aligned. The problem began mid batch printing so I know it's nothing I did. Trying to find out about this I read that the printer automatically aligns the colours but no idea where the sensor is to see if it needs cleaning. Any ideas anyone as I have loads of events coming up starting Monday?

chris nutt
22-11-2013, 02:15 PM
Maybe give the tech support guy at Photomart a call? I have resolved minor problems in the past with just a phone call.

Paul_Golding
22-11-2013, 03:15 PM
Maybe give the tech support guy at Photomart a call? I have resolved minor problems in the past with just a phone call.

Tried that, after I explained the problem again their response was that customer services will call to arrange for it to go in to be looked at which I can understand but 1) they haven't called and 2) the longest I have between events is 3 days and they can't turn it around that fast.

Mike Weeks
22-11-2013, 03:46 PM
Paul,

might be a good idea to include your location so maybe somebody local could offer help. Reality is that 3 days would be difficult for anybody to turn around and loan gear may be your answer.

Mike

Paul_Golding
22-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Paul,

might be a good idea to include your location so maybe somebody local could offer help. Reality is that 3 days would be difficult for anybody to turn around and loan gear may be your answer.

Mike

Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting miracles of them; but with relatively low margins and unpredictable results on some of these events I can't afford hire prices whilst the printer was away. And to be honest whilst I know there's a problem no one I haven't pointed it out to has noticed on any of the images. It's that photographers eye thing where we notice details our customers aren't bothered about! :-)
Maybe I'll just have to persuade the boss that I need a second printer . . . . .

ian griffiths
22-11-2013, 04:56 PM
Paul,

If you fancy a drive to Rushden (NN10 0UP) I can loan you a printer.

I'm out now until Sunday but in the office on Monday.

Stuart Morley
23-11-2013, 03:03 AM
Paul,

Reality is that 3 days would be difficult for anybody to turn around and loan gear may be your answer.

Mike

It shouldn't be, if the parts are in stock then a same day repair is possible. In fact we did one yesterday!

The customer might have to deliver and wait but it is very possible and we do it quite often, courier times add another two days of course.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk

Graham Taylor
23-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Have you tried replacing the media to check if its a faulty roll?