Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DS40 - slight crease marks on edge of prints [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DS40 - slight crease marks on edge of prints

chris nutt
21-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Over the past couple of weeks I have noticed some regular (approx 3.5cm apart) double crease marks on one edge of the prints coming from our DS40. They are only about 5-6mm in length, curved and about 45 degrees to the edge of the paper, so are totally hidden by the mount. However it's happened on 3 rolls of paper /ribbon so far - and is totally consistent. The prints are fine otherwise and the creases don't show any colour witnessing (i.e they look perfectly OK when you look at the print straight on)
Anyone else seen this? - and any ideas what I might be? - and how to fix it?

chris nutt
22-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Got to hand to to Photomart. Had a call this morning after the post on this Forum - and a follow up this afternoon from tech support. Sample print is on its way to them now. Fingers crossed it can get sorted without too much cost!! The power of the forum!!

chris nutt
23-07-2013, 11:22 AM
So - following a very helpful call from Illiyan at Photomart this morning I found the problem - a small piece of paper debris on the metal pinch roller. A small paintbrush and can of air (it's a bit of a sod to reach)- and hey presto the creases have gone. Full marks to Photomart for helping when I hadn't even approached them.

Mike Weeks
23-07-2013, 11:31 AM
A good resolution and at no cost, has to be a winner :)

Mike