Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
The last time I buy Mitsubishi [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : The last time I buy Mitsubishi

Robert Smith
04-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Just over two years ago I bought a Mits CP3800, In the first year I used 8 kits , in the second year due to the weather and economic climate here in Ireland I used one kit, for all that time it has been stored in my computer room so as not to get damp. on Dec 12 I took it out to do a grotto, it had started to do the second print of the day when all of the lights flashed and it stopped working. I sent it to the official repair center in Belfast, who now tell me the a printed circuit board has gone and to fit a new one is the guts of 800.. On top of the 1800 I paid for this heap of crap its the straw the breaks the camels back,

Rob

Mike Weeks
04-01-2013, 04:09 PM
Mitsubishi have had a 2 year warranty for some time, might be worth sending a line to Hatfield to see how they can help you.

Mike

Stuart Morley
04-01-2013, 11:02 PM
Hi Robert

Check your warranty. You might still be covered under warranty as Mike says. To be honest I have never know of a circuit board going and we not only sell them but use them ourselves (in Grotto's as well and almost outside and find them very reliable.)

I wouldn't give up just because you have a problem, it can happen to anything.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk

PeteArciero
05-01-2013, 06:01 PM
I thought the support for my Mitsubishi was first rate, it was still in its 2 yr warranty though.

Stuart Morley
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Hi Pete

If it is out of Warranty and you need it fixed I am sure we could give you a better quote than 800, failing that we might offer to buy it off you as is.

Just a few options for you to consider.

Kind Regards

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk

ian griffiths
07-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Peter,

Mitsubishi support is very good but you do have to involve them, as far as I'm aware Rob has only talked to a local, none Mitsubishi Authorised service technician. I'm not suggesting the guy is not up to fixing the printer but this does mean Mitsubishi were not aware of the problem, therefore they cannot do anything until contacted.

I've passed Mitsubishi tech details on to Rob so hopefully he can get his printer back in to profit making condition ASAP!