Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Fridel folderwatch [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Fridel folderwatch

steve_burton
14-12-2012, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone...this id prabably in wrong sestion but does anybody have experience of Friedel folderwatch running on a mac and lightroom. I can transfer pics with WT4 no problem at all and have installed Friedel foldewatch to watch the folder where the pics arrive. All is installed in Lightroom plugin manager as per developer instructions but pics are not being imported into Lightroom....do I have to tell Lightroom to watch Fridel or tell Friedel to export to Lightroom and how do I do it.....I know it must be simple...but only if you know how.
Regards To all

Steve Burton
www.smartpicsuk.com

chris nutt
14-12-2012, 05:47 PM
You need to enable Auto Import in LR (in the File Menu) and set the import options to look at the folder you have set up in Freidel Folder Watch.

john wright
14-12-2012, 08:47 PM
Don't enable auto import in LR

If you have installed it correctly you should see it in the list of plug-ins when you select 'File - Plug-in manager'

All the settings for the JFriedl plug-in are done from the plug-in manager.

John

steve_burton
15-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Thanks John will have another look tomorrow
Regards
SB

steve_burton
28-12-2012, 12:57 PM
Hi John...still cant get it to work and have attatched shot of plugin manager. The pics are arriving in the watched folder from the wt4 no problem at all, although it wants to send subfolders etc as well. But folderwatch is pointing at the actual folder containing jpegs. But how to I tell folderwatch to send pics to Lightroom or Lightroom to Freidl ?
All theories greatfully accepted.
Regards to all
SB

steve_burton
28-12-2012, 01:01 PM
here is the screenshot...I hope!
SB

john wright
28-12-2012, 01:24 PM
In the Library module of LR select Folders and find the folder you are importing to.
The images should be auto imported to there whenever Folderwatch is enabled (Watch is checked/ticked).

John

steve_burton
28-12-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi John

Have tried that but folderwatch just sits there...it may be watching but doesn't actually do anything. Only way I can get image into lightroom from the WT4 is by going into library module and navigating to the folder containing camera jpegs and then selecting/importing then going back to what you were doing ie develop module/print etc.
It's marginally better than card swaps but operator still has to stop and manually import pics even if I don't have to walk across the room and take card out.
I know it can be made to work I've seen Paul Rogers do it with each pic auto importing even if your in develop module.
Grrr its proabably something so simple but I feel like banging head against the wall. Feidel is definitly running as a little screen came up and told me after I had checked all boxes.
Regards
SB

steve_burton
28-12-2012, 08:09 PM
Whoops! my fault...and the tit of the year goes to Steve Burton.....having told freidel folderwatch to scan for files upto 4mb I sent it large fine jpegs from a D3...each one about 4.3 mb. reset th 5 mb and it works perfect. I knew it was something simple. Head no longer hurts and off for a beer..
Regards all
SB

Mark Eaton
18-06-2013, 07:18 PM
Steve personally I would lengthen the time to watch to something quite a bit longer than 5 seconds.