Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Which Wi fi access point ? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Which Wi fi access point ?

steve_burton
21-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Which is the prefered wifi access point used by those in the know? It will be used with Nikon WT4 and applemac system. I hear Engenuius by solwise comes highly recomended.

regards

SB
www.smartpicsuk.com

Mike Weeks
21-11-2012, 08:13 PM
For what purpose?

I use Netgear for normal social

Mike

mat_humphrey
23-11-2012, 09:18 AM
I use a netgear which you can plug in a 3G dongle so you get Internet anywhere practically

Graham Taylor
23-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I have a Netgear and a Belkin

steve_burton
23-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Thanks for the replies.....It will be used mainly for social but would like as much range and easy setup as possible..sometimes I find I can be a fair way away from print station ie in the ground. I already have a netgear which was set up for use with a Mitshi Clik system but I'm now tottaly on big IMacs and as its such a pain to set up I thought I may try and get the best and do it once!

Regards

SB

www.smartpicsuk.com

Graham Taylor
23-11-2012, 03:10 PM
You may need one of the Engenius or Solwise access points to add to your network. I've just bought one so I can "bend" the signal around a corner at an event next week.

john wright
23-11-2012, 03:14 PM
Engenius or Deliberant for pro standard kit at reasonable prices.
The Engenius 2611P is well supported by Solwise and there is now extensive knowledge on setting up and using it for photographers.

My own contribution is here

http://8by10.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/wireless-photography-with-engenius-2611.html

John