Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
honda EU20i generator [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : honda EU20i generator

antonydecsernatony
15-09-2009, 08:48 PM
i need to purchase a generator !!!
does anyone use one of these ? honda EU20i generator
do they have enough power for the job
do they still need a ups

thanks in advance
Antony

antonydecsernatony
15-09-2009, 08:54 PM
just done a search and i see this has already been brought up so will look through the thread

thanks
A

Jeremy Nako
16-09-2009, 07:53 AM
In answer to your questions..

Yes
Yes, depending of course on what you intend to run.
No

Feel free to email me with any specific queries.

J

antonydecsernatony
16-09-2009, 07:37 PM
hi jeremy thanks for your reply, i am thinking of running an it5000 with a 9800 and a 3800 and one or two viewing screens would the generator handle this ? and will i deffo get away without a ups.
thanks

Paul Smith
16-09-2009, 09:56 PM
with regards UPS -

yes you will get away with not needing one from a protection of kit point of view as the unit is an inverter based genny that outputs pure sine wave power - cleaner than mains.

what it wont protect you from is running out of fuel - a UPS will - assuming you can refil and restart inside 10 mins (approx), even a genny dying from a lack of fuel wont spike the kit if it's inverter based, but still not recomended if you can avoid it

Hope this helps

antonydecsernatony
17-09-2009, 06:42 AM
thanks for that, so where do you buy them and what is the cost of them approx
thanks
Antony

Paul Smith
17-09-2009, 07:41 AM
google

Jeremy Nako
17-09-2009, 07:49 AM
a genny dying from a lack of fuel wont spike the kit if it's inverter based, but still not recomended if you can avoid it

If you're looking at an lpg conversion then get an automatic changeover valve (£50) and attach 2 bottles, then you wont need to 'down' to refuel.

Peter Martin-Turner
17-09-2009, 07:51 AM
There are always new and used available on ebay. I would not have too much hesitation about buying a used Honda genny, you coulc save yourself a decent lump as opposed to the new price. Try looking at this item number on Ebay for example;

Item number: 250498613000

Hope that helps.

17-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Or if you think that you could get by with 1.7kvA then this uses a Honda engine and is from a reputable company (worldwide recognised in industry anyway).

http://www.generators.co.uk/suitcase.php

And at £599 is a significant saving. LPG kit available if needed (I'd check with your venues before buying that).

antonydecsernatony
17-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Thanks for the help, i have purchased a Honda eu20i today as everyone who i asked, gave them a great report. i bought it from Costo for £860 inc VAT so if anyone is looking for one this is the cheapest i have found them
thanks again
Antony

Mike Weeks
17-09-2009, 02:12 PM
I looked at the one martin was recommending and as it is a genuine Honda engine it should be good however I think the LPG kit was about £229 whereas you can get an LPG kit from http://www.edgetechnology.co.uk/lpgas/lpg_con_kits.htm for £145 for the Honda, cheapest I could find unless anybody knows any different.

Interestingly if you look at http://www.edgetechnology.co.uk/suitcas ... rators.htm (http://www.edgetechnology.co.uk/suitcase_generators/Suitcase_generators.htm) all of the 3 2KVA generators use the same Honda GX100 with the Honda having the smallest tank but quoting longer running hours and lowest noise (and highest price) but the surprise is that the cheapest is on paper slightly better specked than the third one.

Mike

17-09-2009, 03:03 PM
That's an even better price :D

Regarding the specs, I'm sure that they are all the same in real terms, manufacturers have their own ways of testing and I've found that even the same generator has different specs on different websites :?

Just found that we have a Costco in Gateshead so may have to pay them a visit sometime.