Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
WiFi Equipment Recomendations [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : WiFi Equipment Recomendations

brucefoster
07-10-2012, 08:26 AM
Hi All

I was setting up at an event recently when I found out that my little WiFi router wouldnt work properly.

It turns out that there was a fairly powerful radio mast on the site and that most people had WiFi problems.

I wondered what WiFi solutions people were using and could recomend.

I am mainly doing Green Screen studio based work, but I sometimes put the printer and printer's laptop in another room when I am short on space.

Yours

Bruce Foster
www.swifteventphotography.co.uk

Graham Taylor
07-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Could be the mast or something else interfering but having the server in a seperate room wont help either as the walls are just another obsticle for the signal to pass through.

brucefoster
07-10-2012, 12:46 PM
Hi

Yes, I am fairly sure it is the big mast in the field.

In this case though, my printer laptop and tether laptop were only about 15 foot away from each other and in the same room.

The WiFi router I am using isnt very powerful and this incident highlights my need for a more robust system.
It didnt really cause any problems at this event, I used network cables on a hard wire system.

Usually I do the photos tethed.
This is reliable and the cable doesnt really get in the way.
It is the communications to the printer laptop that I need to make more reliable and a really poweful WiFi router ought to help with this.

Bruce

Mark Ratcliffe
08-10-2012, 01:08 PM
RE having to work in different room than shooting in,
I have attached a long Ethernet cable at times to the router,
When i have had to place the print station is in another room,Mainly when i do the Santa Shoots at Christmas,just run it around the skirting boards or suspend above door height,depends what you have available to attach the cable to,It works a treat ;)