Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP Drivers - Mac 10.8 - Mountain Lion [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP Drivers - Mac 10.8 - Mountain Lion

petethorp
25-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Just had this back from DNP:

Pete,

Mac 10.8 drivers are tentatively scheduled for a late October - early November release

Thanks!

Ryan Herzog
DNP IMS America Corp-Photo Imaging division
Phone: 1-800-467-4935 x7225
Fax: 512-753-7295

Mark Amies
25-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Surprised you had to get that from the States Pete. Did you not get a result from DNP Europe?

petethorp
13-11-2012, 05:41 PM
In Case you've not been following the FaceBook links...(?)

How can some companies be on the ball and produce software in time for the release of new platforms such as Windows 8 and Mac 10.8 and others are months behind...? I just got this from DNP re my mountain Lion updates...!

Hello Pete,
Thanks again for your interest in DNP, unfortunately we have not yet received a release date for the Mac OSx10.8 drivers. We understand your frustration and hope to have more information soon - thank you for your patience.

It's no use thanking me for my patience when I'm so frustrated!

There are many responses to this (thank you) ... however Simon Coats wrote: The good news is that I've now worked out how to install the current DNP drivers under OS X 10.8 - I've just tested it, and the printers work fine. To my mind, this confirms Ian's comment that we are very low in the pecking order. So low, that they can't even be bothered to build a new installation script.

and then followed by:

If anyone is interested to know how to get it to work, drop me a line.

And so I did...

And finally in reply and a poke in the eye with a sharp stick to DNP!...

I wrote:
well... it's taken me some time to get to the bottom of the instruction - i have issues.... but Simon Coates, it has to be said... - is a genius and a scholar! I now have a fully working version of the software... I don't follow how. Persistence is one, tenacity another. But I've managed to install the software on Mountain Lion after following Simons advice... Well done Simon! and thank you! You have done what DNP failed to do... I'll leave you to explain how ... ;)

So there you are - if you need discuss - talk to the guru!...

Ian MacLachlan
14-11-2012, 08:23 AM
It's a joke! By the time they release the 10.8 drivers, 10.9 will be out! :/

bobcompton
01-01-2013, 08:23 PM
The drivers work fine, just not the installer. If you want to force the install, do this:

Right click on the DNP DS Printer Drivers 4.0.2 package. Select Show Package Contents
in the Folder called Packages, run each of these packages individually in this order:
dnpDsSeriesPrinterDriversprieflight, DNP, DNP-1, DNP-2, DS40, DS40-1, DS80, DS80-1 ds40104, DS80104

This should install all the necessary files for you to use your printers on 10.8

Bear in mind that this is just from my own experimenting. DNP does not endorse this, but it has worked fine for me.

bobcompton
24-02-2013, 05:02 PM
DNP is now saying February 28th - Let's keep our fingers crossed!