Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS40 Print Issues [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS40 Print Issues

Mark Jones
23-09-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi All,
Can anyone help please?
I have the DS40 and for the first time since having this I am getting lines coming straight down the prints - I have tried new media and it makes no difference.
I am assuming the thermal head needs replacing but could anyone confim if this is the sort of symptons that this would display before I part with 300!!
Thanks in advance,.
Regards
Mark

ian griffiths
23-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Mark,

It's probably a bit of laminate cooked on to the head.

using a lint free cloth clean the head, dont be afraid to give it some elbow grease, the heads are very tough.

If you can feel it on the head, like a pimple, and it wont come off first try a bit of lens cleaner, if that wont move it use a dab of Iso electrical cleaner from Maplins.

Mark Ratcliffe
24-09-2012, 10:36 AM
Mark,

It's probably a bit of laminate cooked on to the head.

using a lint free cloth clean the head, dont be afraid to give it some elbow grease, the heads are very tough.

If you can feel it on the head, like a pimple, and it wont come off first try a bit of lens cleaner, if that wont move it use a dab of Iso electrical cleaner from Maplins.

Mark try this,as Ian said a bit of cooked film
create a white image,then run say 5 of the printer,then try an full image,to see if the line has cleared or got fainter,then repeat until it clears completely,I used 6x4 media for this,keeps costs down
(tip courtesy of Jeremy Nako )

Jason Goodlad
24-09-2012, 11:38 AM
The problem was a combination of DNP printers, Mac and Picasa, they don't work together, I just spoke to Mark but he had already sorted it...(well, his wife had)..sorry Mark!!
Just thought I would put it on here in case anyone else has the same problem.

Sue xx

Mark Ratcliffe
24-09-2012, 02:11 PM
Mac's Who'd Have Em'

More trouble than there worth ;-)

simon coates
24-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Mac's Who'd Have Em'

More trouble than there worth ;-)

Stone the blasphemer!

Simon

Paul Rogers