Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Image Downlaod on iPad/iPod... [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Image Downlaod on iPad/iPod...

Mark Jones
25-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Hi all,
Can anyione tell me if it is possible for clients to download images on to an iPad from photocart gallery?
I have some galleries in photocart and when you view them there is an option to click on the picture and up pops two options copy image or save image, selecting either does work although I then can't find the image which is the good news I suppose!
Just concerned as I would hate to think all the hard work is saved on to someones iPad having not being bought and paid for in the usual way!
All images are splashed with PROOF on them but never the less....
Anybody able to clarify please?
Thanks
Rgds
Mark

Paul Rogers
25-06-2012, 05:13 PM
They can't download unless you make it possible for them (which is an option). However they would still be able to do screen grabs.

Mark Jones
25-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Thanks Paul.

Michael Martin
25-06-2012, 05:24 PM
Just thought I would try it. Interesting result. Select an image on the iPad from my Photocart gallery and hold finger on it until save image option comes up. Tap save image and go to view it and I can see it in the thumbnail strip but when I try to view it, I get a black screen.

That is a positive result I would say.

Mark Jones
25-06-2012, 06:28 PM
Thanks Michael, also, can anybody tell me how you set up a multiple package in photocart, for example we sell 2 9x6 and 2 6x4 for a price, but I need to be able to allow customers to choose different images where as at the moment they can only order the same image for all 4. Can anyone tell me how I can do this?
Thanks in advance,
Rgds
Mark

Trudy Trafford
25-06-2012, 07:27 PM
You have to set up a package option mark, give me a ring tomorrow and I can talk you through it if you want to?

Mark Jones
25-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Thanks Trudy. Is there a best time to catch you? Regards, Mark
You have to set up a package option mark, give me a ring tomorrow and I can talk you through it if you want to?

Michael Martin
25-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Just read the instructions as you set it up Mark, most of it is check box selection.

But dot n't me stop you having a chat with the lovely Trudy though :-)

Mark Jones
25-06-2012, 08:07 PM
Ref downloads on ipad just had a reply from Tim saying

"A blank gif is overlaid on the image, so they can't save it".

Mark

Trudy Trafford
25-06-2012, 09:33 PM
Thanks Trudy. Is there a best time to catch you? Regards, Mark

Probably between 11.30 & 2.00 unless you've sussed it by then!

Re: Image Downlaod on iPad/iPod...

Just read the instructions as you set it up Mark, most of it is check box selection.

But dot n't me stop you having a chat with the lovely Trudy though

:o:o:o

Mark Jones
26-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi Trudy,
Just a quick note to say thanks for your help with the photocart packages. Think I've Sussed it now with your help. Thanks again, Regards, Mark
Probably between 11.30 & 2.00 unless you've sussed it by then!

:o:o:o

Stuart Morley
28-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Ref downloads on ipad just had a reply from Tim saying

"A blank gif is overlaid on the image, so they can't save it".

Mark

This doesn't stop pressing the home button and the button on the top of the iPad to do a screen capture though. Like you would on an iPhone etc.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk