Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Bounce? [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Bounce?

Mark Amies
08-06-2012, 12:50 PM
Just reading Ian Griffiths's amazing story on the Mitsubishi section and it reminded me of this incident , which we reported in Photomart's TogBlog some time back -

http://www.togblog.biz/2011/11/how-high-will-a-ds40-bounce/

john christopher
11-06-2012, 01:27 AM
Mark

For crying out loud, what is it about the words "Flight Case" that make some photographers act as if George Osbourne had gained direct access to their wallets? The next person I hear mashing up their pride and joy for want of a bit of protection had better have personal protection in the form of body guards, if I manage to lay my hands on them.....

John

Mark Amies
11-06-2012, 05:52 AM
In all fairness this event was sometime back, but I get your point, John.

john christopher
11-06-2012, 12:24 PM
Mark/Pale Dude

I'm NOT going to get involved in a pissing contest between Mitsubishi and DNP about which one of their dye subs are the toughest on the block because quite frankly that's not my bag but recently it has come to my attention that some newbie event photographers who have come into the industry recently are of the opinion that flight cases and the like are surplus to their requirements. This is pure and complete foolishness. I would rather carry a dye sub around in it's original packaging than nothing at all and yet there are many who work to a totally different rule or no rule at all. This madness must cease. There can be no excuses for not providing some kind of protection for a dye sub printer and there are many other viable alternatives to the venerable flight case. So Pale Dude/Mark lets works together and get the message out that working safe is better than ending up sorry.

There is also one other reason to travel with flight cases. They look good and give out a professional impression to potential clients. I defy anyone on this forum to tell me different after clapping eyes on Mike Weeks setup.........

John