Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Free download [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Free download

Gareth_Stewart
14-05-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi,

I am looking to give a code for a free Facebook download when they purchase a print on the day. Is there a better way than making print credit coupons as generating 100 coupons means manually inputing a code for each?

Michael Martin
14-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Make a note of each sold that is part of the offer and upload them to your Facebook page and let the folks tag themselves and download from there.

Gareth_Stewart
14-05-2012, 10:50 AM
Michael that is possibly a better idea for most sports events.

Thanks.

The only issue is if it is a school or other password protected gallery so not suitable for me to put out in public.

Mike Weeks
14-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Gareth,

you can actually generate a block of coupon codes in one hit but I prefer what Michael has suggested and it is something that I am going to be doing at events with public galleries after listening to the success that many are achieving by doing this.

Mike

Gareth_Stewart
14-05-2012, 11:27 AM
For open Galleries it is a great idea. The problem with the the batch is that they are all sequential codes making it easy to guess and get more free downloads. Is there a way of batch generating random codes?

Thanks.

Mark Ratcliffe
14-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Recently started this,as i use darkroom,i have access to all images Printed at an event via the" orders" option in darkroom
10 mins work post event
lists all the image numbers,would be nice to be able to generate/export a complete list via darkroom

One for the wish list ;)

Michael Martin
14-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Ok Gareth, if it is for a private gallery, give them a single password, same one for everybody, again note which images are sold and create a new gallery of those images that allows free download. You will need to create a new price list for this gallery. The other option you have is to create a new price group for these customers which supersedes standard gallery prices groups, though this is probably more time consuming as you will need to add this price group to each relevant customer in turn.

Gareth_Stewart
14-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Is there also a way once you have generated say 100 codes to get a list of the codes so you can print them?

Mike Weeks
14-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Gareth,

one of the issues with coupons in their current format is that they are not restricted a product or gallery so the value can be applied against any item in any gallery.

Once you have created a batch it gives you the possibility to export as a csv

Mike

Gareth_Stewart
14-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Gareth,

one of the issues with coupons in their current format is that they are not restricted a product or gallery so the value can be applied against any item in any gallery.

Once you have created a batch it gives you the possibility to export as a csv

Mike

I got round the product problem by generating print credits where you set exactly what they get i.e a zoom download (No Price). It says you can export as csv file but when you select all it only gives a delete all option. I have noticed a print view link.

Michael again another great work around.

Thanks everyone

Mark Ratcliffe
14-05-2012, 12:51 PM
Recently started this,as i use darkroom,i have access to all images Printed at an event via the" orders" option in darkroom
10 mins work post event
lists all the image numbers,would be nice to be able to generate/export a complete list via darkroom

One for the wish list ;)

I totally misread the post SORRY ;-)