Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
IPad and events [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : IPad and events

steve_burton
17-03-2012, 07:30 PM
After Vodafone "twisted my arm" and persuaded me to have an Ipad for a very very good price it's occured to me has anybody used it with success for events, I know Stu at systems insight has used them at a large multi santa grotto. I figured if customers aren't lining up at the Mitsi clic system ie if i'm outside shooting golf we could download the card onto the Ipad as well as the mitsi and take the pics to them in bar etc to drum up some interest.
Regards to all
SB

Mike Fulton
18-03-2012, 06:00 AM
We use an app called PadProof which is new but has helped us already.

Roughly you take the photos, upload via their site, then anyone with the free app can view, select and purchase the images directly from the Ipad.

Not sure if it will help you but I wanted to throw out the app and the company. So far I have been very happy with the product, though again just started to use it.

www.PadProof.com

Paul Rogers
18-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Mike I don't see how this App is a benefit at an event.

pam_rawson
18-03-2012, 11:04 AM
Does this integrate with your own print process at an event? as far as I can see from this you are uploading the photos to a lab for them to print and the app company pays you on the remainder. Don't get it Mike, can you tell us how your using this at events at the moment for any benefit, looks good for a studio though.
Pam xx

Paul Rogers
18-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Steve

In my limited iPad experience I haven't found a better APP for the iPad, to do what you want than Shuttersnitch. http://www.shuttersnitch.com/

Fairly easy to set up, and you can also shoot direct to your iPad without a router if you wish. Great for location work with clients on site.

pam_rawson
18-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Paul
Do you know if you can shoot to the IPad direct as well as to a Router/access point running Pcs with that app shuttersnitch?
Pam xx

Paul Rogers
18-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Yes you can. With any transmitter that is capable of creating Ad hoc connections, that includes the Eye Fi card.

pam_rawson
18-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Brilliant that app is for me as to be able to carry the IPad around at the same time is something I thought would be impossible. Thanks for reply Paul.
Pam xx

Michael Martin
18-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Sadly I only have the iPad original so no 'mirroring'. I will be getting a new one later this year I expect and will be giving to clients at events to browse their images on a large TV screen. Browsing their images on the iPad alone is quite popular, but it is a little small. Not the same as you guys shooting to the iPad, but a use nonetheless.

bobcompton
01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I use them in conjunction with Photo Party Upload software. After shooting the photo (in my case Green Screen) the software on the PC or Mac sends thumbnails to iPads via wifi. From there, customers can upload to Facebook, Twitter, Email, or other options you select.
I regularly process 1000 or more photos in a 3 hour period. Adding these has helped distinguish my offering from my competitors greatly.

john christopher
07-01-2013, 12:37 PM
I would NOW only use the Ipad/Shuttersnitch combo when shooting home/corporate 1-2-1 portraiture. Alas I've seen too many Pads reduced to paperweights after being dropped on hard surfaces during an event. It should also be remembered that Shuttersnitch can also be used with a Iphone.

John

AlexSmith
07-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Seems that you can now only get Shuttersnitch in the US?

mat_humphrey
08-01-2013, 08:36 AM
Seems that you can now only get Shuttersnitch in the US?

i have it and im in the uk

AlexSmith
13-01-2013, 09:03 PM
Yeah sorry, my iPad seemed to have gone a little weird. I have got it now and it works great for preview whilst on a shoot ! Used it for a conference group photos of about 120 people the other day :D

Alex