Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
How to change the port for the DNP and Windows..Help!!! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : How to change the port for the DNP and Windows..Help!!!

Jason Goodlad
29-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Hi Guys,

I am using Windows and Darkroom, my printers are plugged into a hub and are all set up to print from 8one port, this port has decided not to work, but the others do, I am waiting for a part and have an event this weekend. I don't know how to change the port that the hub is connected to...I have tried but haven't been successful...eagerly awaiting my knight in shining armour.......

Sue xx

Mark Ratcliffe
29-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I am guessing it doesn't see the printers when they (the Hub) are just moved from Knackered port to the other port,
So personally
I would think,stripping all the printer drivers off the PC,
Then Plug your HUB into the Working USB socket on your PC,
Then re install your printer drivers ,you will have the relevant ports marked on you Hub from the initial install

Mike Weeks
29-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Sue,

some really good advice I received was to create a folder on your hard drive and place all your printer drivers there. You then install from these and should a port crash the system can find the drivers.

Just do the above and re-install drivers.

Mike

Jason Goodlad
29-02-2012, 09:58 PM
I Have a 2 folders on my desktop, one each for the DS40 and DS80, I have 4 printers, 2 of each, set up in Darkroom, if I reinstall the printers onto a new port, will all the settings be saved in Darkroom, e.g, one of my DS40 printers is set up as a 6x4, will I need to re set them up???

Sue x

Mike Weeks
29-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Yes it would all have to be set up again. This is a known windows issue.

Mike