Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Greetings from Scotland [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Scotland

22-08-2009, 09:15 PM
Hi
We have just joined the society. This looks like a nice friendly place. We have shot quite a few events, but last Friday we did our first one printing at the event. Everything was prepared and nothing could go wrong! Hah.
In between a wedding in the afternoon and the event in the evening I had half an hour to walk the dog. For the first time ever he went missing. Got him back after an hour searching in the rain by which time he had bitten a police officer (Still awaiting the outcome)
We phoned the event to say we would be late and finally got there 45 minutes late. Getting everything set up - we found we had forgotten the card reader! Phoned a friend and it was on the way by motor-cycle.
We started shooting anyway saying "They will be ready to view in 30 minutes". They were too.
After that it all went smoothly and we made good sales of prints on the night, the organizers were very happy and orders are still trickling in via the web sales.
We were going to do outside events too. To that end we got a people carrier and did some minimal changes on the inside so we could work in it. Then we got the printer so we ready to rock and roll. Then a guy jumps the lights and writes off the van! Still negotiating with the insurance company - but it's inside events only for the time being.

There is some excellent info on this forum, I hope we can contribute

David

Rhoddy Stewart
22-08-2009, 09:49 PM
HI David, bad luck, where about in Scotland are you based?

R

22-08-2009, 10:46 PM
HI David, bad luck, where about in Scotland are you based?

R

Hi Rhoddy, I'm in Dunfermline.

Gary Clarke
23-08-2009, 12:14 AM
Hi David, we are coming up there on holiday on the 5th Sept on a motorbike so if you forget something give me a call :rofl:

23-08-2009, 09:58 AM
Hi David, we are coming up there on holiday on the 5th Sept on a motorbike so if you forget something give me a call :rofl:

I'll bear that in mind Gary. :lol: Hope the weather is better for you than its been recently.