Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS40 issue [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS40 issue

Khalid_Bari
28-01-2012, 05:24 PM
Hi,

Hope someone can help me and hopefully its just something simple or dumb on my part!

With my DS40 installed new ribbon and hold some paper left over (about 30% of a roll). Installed according instructions when I close everything up the printer goes through the process of initialising and printing those 4 sheets (theres a gap between the 3rd and 4th). Anyway, once done it all settles down and the normal light is on. Ready to print.

However when I try and print a photo from the connected laptop the printer is about to start up but just as you can hear the paper start to move it stops and the paper + ribbon start blinking in sequence. I can't work out whats happening as the paper and ribbon seem to have been installed fine.

Any pointers?

Mike Weeks
28-01-2012, 05:27 PM
Sounds to me like the size settings, there are 2 places in the driver to set the correct size, these are properties and printing defaults.

Mike

chris nutt
28-01-2012, 05:42 PM
It is always best to replace the ribbon and paper at the same time. There is no economy in using left over paper as the ribbon is always the thing that will run out first -and you can't get ribbons without paper - as they are supplied as a set. It simply means you will have the replace the paper before the ribbon runs out.

Khalid_Bari
28-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Sounds to me like the size settings, there are 2 places in the driver to set the correct size, these are properties and printing defaults.

Mike

I am sure I set one of them but probably not both. I'l do that and try again. Thanks.

And I have lots of extra paper rolls too but I just want to run a few test prints as its a new system to me. Then I'l pop in a fresh new roll.

Graham Taylor
29-01-2012, 10:02 AM
Khalid
The "surplus" paper is there for a reason. It is not a mis-match with the ribbon but there should you want to remove and reload if changing media sizes plus as there is no core is also needed to clip the spacers into.

Regarding the error it sounds like the printer is loading the media correctly but problem starts when sending info to be printed. Try Mike's suggestion of checking sizes first as that is the most common cause.What software are you using to print with and what operating system?

Mark Amies
30-01-2012, 11:59 AM
Khalid

Please do feel free to call us at Photomart with any issues you may have. That is what we are here for.

Mark

Khalid_Bari
31-01-2012, 04:21 AM
Khalid

Please do feel free to call us at Photomart with any issues you may have. That is what we are here for.

Mark

Thank you for your kind offer of advice. I havent yet been able to get back to looking at the printer as its been a hectic weekend of events and photo editing!

Should be able to try again over the next day or two.

Btw I use LR3 on windows7. I have successfully installed drivers I picked up from the photomart website.