Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Event view and software set up problems [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Event view and software set up problems

Mark Jones
21-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Hi all,
Hopefully somebody can help ... Pls!
I have the following set up and a cant get it to work.
Laptop running picassa shooting wirelessly with 5d mk2 and canons wireless adapter ...this bit works fine using filezilla as the server. I have installed j album, event view and wamp server and am trying to get the event view on to the 3 monitors I want to use as viewing stations... but the wamp will not let us set this up as an external server ... Is this conflicting with filezilla? I havaea tried disabling filezilla but still nothing....
I am assuming this set up should work but as I am not alla that familiar with these programs I am sort of lost !
I really would appreciate if somebody has nothing better to do on a Saturday if you could give me a call anad talk me through what I need to do??
Hopefully somebody can help as I am completely lost!
Many athanks in advance
Mark

07545 818551 or 01543 425971

Mark Jones
21-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Update.... Seem to have sorted it and it all works!
There are a couple of questions now, the only way Jalbum refreshes is to create album ... Is this correct? Also there are two folders that appear on the viewing stations and these are one called album and the other one www.wamp is there Any way to get rid of these?
Thanks in advance,
Mark

Hi all,
Hopefully somebody can help ... Pls!
I have the following set up and a cant get it to work.
Laptop running picassa shooting wirelessly with 5d mk2 and canons wireless adapter ...this bit works fine using filezilla as the server. I have installed j album, event view and wamp server and am trying to get the event view on to the 3 monitors I want to use as viewing stations... but the wamp will not let us set this up as an external server ... Is this conflicting with filezilla? I havaea tried disabling filezilla but still nothing....
I am assuming this set up should work but as I am not alla that familiar with these programs I am sort of lost !
I really would appreciate if somebody has nothing better to do on a Saturday if you could give me a call anad talk me through what I need to do??
Hopefully somebody can help as I am completely lost!
Many athanks in advance
Mark

07545 818551 or 01543 425971

Mike Weeks
21-01-2012, 01:33 PM
Follow the Wiki link at the top of the forum for some eventview FAQ
Mike

Graham Taylor
21-01-2012, 02:23 PM
Mark
You need to set Jalbum into "Server mode". Tools/External Tools/Server Mode.

Mark Jones
21-01-2012, 06:42 PM
Mark
You need to set Jalbum into "Server mode". Tools/External Tools/Server Mode.

Cheers Graham. Still need to hit F5 though to refresh?
Rgds.
Mark

Graham Taylor
21-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Give me a call and I'll go through it with you.
01472 885000