Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DS40 paper jamming [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DS40 paper jamming

PeteArciero
04-12-2011, 04:39 PM
Help

This printer has been running faultlessly for over a year, suddenly had 2 paper jams in a week, should it have a regular service, can I clean the path, managed to pull out the paper holder, has rubber rollers on it, can they be cleaned.

Got a massive event coming up, getting very nervous!

john christopher
05-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Help

This printer has been running faultlessly for over a year, suddenly had 2 paper jams in a week, should it have a regular service, can I clean the path, managed to pull out the paper holder, has rubber rollers on it, can they be cleaned.

Got a massive event coming up, getting very nervous!

Pete

In that case you should be talking to Mark at Photomart but this brings up an interesting point, one of servicing. A dye sub printer is a working tool of our trade and we should threat them as such. If you look after them, they WILL look after you.

John

Mark Amies
05-12-2011, 10:35 AM
Peter

Please do get in contact with me, I amsure we can get your issue sorted.

Mark

john christopher
05-12-2011, 10:46 AM
When I brought my first event photography dye sub printer, I was taught by the seller how to service it (I'm talking nothing more than a basic clean of the chassis, rollers and print head). It was something that stood me in good stead and something I should repeat with the guys and girls at PM with my DNP's.

John

Mark Amies
05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks John

Just to let you know , that as well as replying here, I did call this morning and left a message on Peter's 'phone.