Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Multiple Folders in album [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Folders in album

Rupert Bryce-Morris
20-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Hi y'all

I have got Event View working with a simple album of images - pointing it at a folder where it updates automatically. For an event next week I would like to split the album into 4 folders to make it easier for customers to find their photos. I was going to keep it fairly simple - Sat morning,Sat afternoon,Sun morning,Sun afternoon. Is it possible to set up Event View to monitor and update the separate folders automatically?

My setup is; PC running running Event View,jalbum and wamp with 4 viewing stations. Laptop #1 (with separate monitor) as sales station running Darkroom where the photos will be sent to wirelessly(or using memory cards if range is an issue) linked by ethernet to PC. Laptop #2 as another sales station running Picassa (linked wirelessly to Laptop#1).

Any advice/suggestions gratefully received.

Mike Weeks
20-11-2011, 02:55 PM
The 4 folders need to be within the main watched directory to allow the automatic update.

Mike

Graham Taylor
20-11-2011, 05:05 PM
As Mike says!

In simple terms create your "main" image folder then create sub folders ie (say) Saturday Am, Saturday PM, Sunday AM, Sunday PM. Load images into which folder you want and Jalbum/Event View will update as soon as any new images appear.

Rupert Bryce-Morris
20-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Thanks guys! I see it now.

Another thing - does anyone have any suggestions about workflow with Darkroom and EV especially with regards to Nikon WT4 wireless?