Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS80 Colour Profile [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS80 Colour Profile

Duncan Knifton
11-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Hi Everyone

Newbie on here......hope to be on here regularly.
I've bought a DNP DS80 10x8 printer....
I have noticed its got a magenta bias to the skin tones...and slightly dark.
Has anyone else noticed this...is there a way of dealing with this, other than getting a custom profile made.

I dont want to adjust the settings n the printer if I dont need to....so if anyone can advise me on how to set this machine up including the ICM functions...I would be very grateful.
Its a lovely machine, big fan other than this...

Thanks

Duncan

Graham Taylor
11-11-2011, 06:42 PM
Hi Duncan
TBH the profile I downloaded from Photomart is about perfect and no neeed for a custom jobby. Perhaps if you posted a bit more info regarding software and OS someone may be able to help. if not the try Pure Profiles for a custom profile.

Duncan Knifton
11-11-2011, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the reply...:)

The profile you use...was it on the disc that came with the printer, or off Photomart's site

Using Photoshop Elements 7 on Windows XP
At first I thought it was a white balance problem on my side...but using my ink jet and Lyson stock..they come out great.
So will have to play I think.....:cool:

Graham Taylor
11-11-2011, 10:11 PM
Downloaded off Photomart website. Maybe a silly question but you do have it installed and selected when printing with Elements? I've used it with CS in W7 & XP with no issues.

Duncan Knifton
12-11-2011, 11:52 AM
not a silly question mate.....:-)

But yeah...all installed and used when printing......but using the one that comes on the disc....so will have a look at the website...thank you.

Silly question from me.....

ICM Intent table.....which one do people use...

ICM Disabled
ICM Handled by Host System
ICM Handled by Printer

Any advice would be grateful.....thank you

Duncan Knifton
27-11-2011, 02:44 AM
still getting a magenta cast on my prints.........ben told i you load an earlier driver it may be better....any links for this.:-)
thanks
D

Jason Goodlad
27-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I have a similar problem prints coming out warmer looking than they should ,black and white has a cast also.
This happens to prints from Ed or lightroom so i have to try and adjust before printing.
Screen is calibrated so im looking at custom profiles but many say they have not made a difference.
Funnily enough picassa prints the better colours but doesnt apply any colour management i believe.

Scott Kirk-Matthewson
27-11-2011, 12:32 PM
I have a similar issue occasionally with ED/ DS40.
If it happens I just adjust on the fly, usually the test print of the assistant flags it up

Duncan Knifton
30-11-2011, 05:22 PM
I have a similar problem prints coming out warmer looking than they should ,black and white has a cast also.
This happens to prints from Ed or lightroom so i have to try and adjust before printing.
Screen is calibrated so im looking at custom profiles but many say they have not made a difference.
Funnily enough picassa prints the better colours but doesnt apply any colour management i believe.

Hmmmm Interesting...
I may have a play and turn this off at the printer, just to see what happens.

I emailed DNP direct, and they sent me a different profile....just made the print darker....but great customer service from DNP I must say

Duncan Knifton
30-11-2011, 05:23 PM
Oh, yeah.....just a quick question.....

What does Ed stand for? 8-)

Mark Ratcliffe
30-11-2011, 06:20 PM
ED is short for or the old name for Darkroom software see here http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/web/darkroom-software---(formally-express-digital).html 400 worth of event software

Duncan Knifton
01-12-2011, 01:42 AM
ED is short for or the old name for Darkroom software see here http://www.systeminsight.co.uk/web/darkroom-software---(formally-express-digital).html 400 worth of event software

Cheers for the link......very helpful. :)

Duncan Knifton
13-12-2011, 03:46 PM
Hi gang

I know this sounds odd....and I dont know why I tried it....but heard that the mitzy and the DS80 are virtually the same printer, so I downloaded the colour profile for the mitzy 3880 and it takes some of magenta of the print :-)
I say SOME, its still there but not as noticeable...