Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
EnGenius EOC 2611P Help! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EnGenius EOC 2611P Help!

Gareth_Stewart
06-11-2011, 08:12 PM
I want to use my new EnGenius EOC 2611P to send my photos to my laptop wirelessly using an eyefi card. I have got as far as the settings page when you type the address into explorer. Can anyone tell me what the settings should be?

Thanks,

Gareth

john wright
06-11-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi Gareth

Th Eye-Fi card will need a DHCP server on your network somewhere. Do you currently have a router on the network or are you running a separate DHCP server?

1. With DHCP on network
If you already have a DHCP server then you can set the unit as an Access Point and set an SSID and channel to suit your tastes.
Enable the SSID on the Eye-Fi card in the Eye-Fi manager on the machine which will be receiving images from it.
Test.

2. Without DHCP on network
If you do not already have a DHCP server then you can set the unit as an Client Router.
The defaults for the DHCP server are usually good. Just double check it is enabled.
Set an SSID and channel to suit your tastes.
Enable the SSID on the Eye-Fi card in the Eye-Fi manager on the machine which will be receiving images from it.
Test.

Hope this helps
John