Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Lastolite lumen8 400 heads [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Lastolite lumen8 400 heads

Duncan Harris
20-10-2011, 07:14 PM
Heard of some cheap secondhand ones, thinking about buying a few for backup / 2nd events. Are they any good ? Any downsides ?

Andrew Ragsdale
21-10-2011, 10:23 AM
Hi Duncan

I have 3 of these lights, they are ok for small events, stands are not the strongest but I replaced these with slightly heavier. The lights do not recharge very quick so if you want to do quick shots one after another you may have to wait.

be careful buying second hand, make sure you get the kit PAT tested one of my lights had to be repaired the earth wire was not connected to the outer case and hence failed the PAT test

Simple repair but was time consuming

john christopher
21-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Duncan

I've got very similar heads direct from China and they're great! I use them ALL the time. Andrew is right about what he has wrote. They are slow, heavy and built like a WW2 bomb shelter. Used within their limitations and you won't go wrong. Like ALL things second hand, buyer beware. Give em a good checking over before parting with any cash.

John

AKA: The Dark Dude

Nick Gaylor
22-10-2011, 06:27 PM
i've heard some really good things about these lights especially as a back up light can't go wrong. But new its got to be elinchroms rx's or Bowens don't like the bxris they were rubbish styled in switzerlan not made in switzerland like the rxs

nick

Duncan Harris
23-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Thanks, very helpful. Will get them if cheap enough.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner