Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Printer Queues and changing Media [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Printer Queues and changing Media

Richard Lycett
25-09-2011, 10:15 AM
Advice please on workarounds for this issue:

Whenever I have sent a few items to a print queue and the media runs out part way through the job, changing the media (which doesn't involve turning the printer off - I use DS80 and OP1000) always means I lose some prints on the way. I've never noted exactly how many till recently, but lost two 12x8 prints on my DS80 last week). It's a difficult one to test, as we don't run out of media too often, but it's something I would like to try to sort (if possible) before we get to the Christmas busy period. Surely other printing venues such as amusement rides and Jessops come across this, so is there a workaround? A setting in windows or the print queue?

Richard

Stuart Morley
26-09-2011, 03:09 AM
When you say lost do you mean....

a) A print that was in the print queue is lost. e.g. You print 5 images, the media runs out after print 2 and you then you lose some / all of prints 3.4 or 5.

or

b) You get all the prints 1..5 (as in example above) but you then don't get all of the prints that should be on the media. e.g. If you should get 110 prints but get less than this?

If it is (a) then this is strange as the printer should just resume printing although I am not familiar with the printers you mention.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Richard Lycett
26-09-2011, 06:44 AM
Option A Stu. 2 prints were lost on the way to my DS80 the other day.

Richard.

When you say lost do you mean....

a) A print that was in the print queue is lost. e.g. You print 5 images, the media runs out after print 2 and you then you lose some / all of prints 3.4 or 5.

or

b) You get all the prints 1..5 (as in example above) but you then don't get all of the prints that should be on the media. e.g. If you should get 110 prints but get less than this?

If it is (a) then this is strange as the printer should just resume printing although I am not familiar with the printers you mention.

Stu

http://www.systeminsight.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mike Weeks
26-09-2011, 08:00 AM
What software are you using?
Mike

ian griffiths
26-09-2011, 08:08 AM
Never 'lost' any during a paper change, I have found in Darkroom that if you send a batch and the paper runs out when the new pack go's in the whole batch will reprint so you end up with an amount of duplication, I'm no expert but I guess it's as the batch is seen as one print command?

Richard Lycett
26-09-2011, 08:37 AM
Using 2 programs I get this. QImage and some montage making program, the name of which escapes me as I'm out at the moment.

R

Never 'lost' any during a paper change, I have found in Darkroom that if you send a batch and the paper runs out when the new pack go's in the whole batch will reprint so you end up with an amount of duplication, I'm no expert but I guess it's as the batch is seen as one print command?

Amanda Wigmore
26-09-2011, 09:48 AM
In settings there should be an option/tick box in printer settings for 'Resend'. As a default it's set not to if there's an issue with the printer it cancels any in the queue.

x

Richard Lycett
28-09-2011, 11:26 AM
Ah, that might be it - there's a "print re-try" in advanced settings
Doesn't say any more than that, but it's a start, cheers!

Richard

In settings there should be an option/tick box in printer settings for 'Resend'. As a default it's set not to if there's an issue with the printer it cancels any in the queue.

x

Richard Lycett
28-09-2011, 11:38 AM
Looking at the manual, that seems to be my missing thing I should have ticked, Cheers again!

Ah, that might be it - there's a "print re-try" in advanced settings
Doesn't say any more than that, but it's a start, cheers!

Richard

[quote="Amanda Wigmore":1axcg7lj]In settings there should be an option/tick box in printer settings for 'Resend'. As a default it's set not to if there's an issue with the printer it cancels any in the queue.

x[/quote:1axcg7lj]