Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Clarke IG2200 2.2kw Inverter Generator [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Clarke IG2200 2.2kw Inverter Generator

Adrian Turner
09-09-2011, 06:56 PM
http://www.tool-net.co.uk/p-347966/clarke-ig2200-2-2kw-inverter-generator.html

Anyone here got one of these or has knowledge of thier reliability etc?

397 inc VAT & delivery seems a good price but not if they have reliability issues.

Adrian Sinclair
21-09-2011, 11:50 PM
I was looking at this generator too
Also considered the Kipor and the Honda - Kipor theres just too many mixed reviews and the Honda is superior but expensive.

The tech specs on the Clarke look good and running time (7+ hrs on 3/4 load) seem impressive over say the Kipor. The Clarke runs at 94Db max noise level with 60Db at 3/4 power and seems to tick all the boxes - and at more than 1/2 the cost of the Honda - anyone else advise otherwise?

Graham Taylor
29-09-2011, 09:34 AM
I bought a Kipor this year and cannot praise highly enough. Efficient, quite and less than half the price of a Honda. Get what you pay for I suppose but more than happy with mine.

Mike Weeks
29-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Adrian,

As this is a machine that is sold through machine mart and so will be used by builders etc. I would expect it to have been thoroughly checked for that market.

I have yet to hear anybody have any real bad words for the Kippor, however if what you want is the knowledge that you have the quality of the honda closer to the price of the Kippor then I might suggest the SDMO which I have. Now I cant guarantee that it has the full quality of the honda but it is powered by a genuine Honda engine.

Mike

simon coates
29-09-2011, 09:41 AM
I bought a Kipor this year and cannot praise highly enough. Efficient, quite and less than half the price of a Honda. Get what you pay for I suppose but more than happy with mine.
Ditto. I've been using the Kipor IG1000 for the last two years and have found it to be brilliant. Very reliable, runs for hours and is nice and quiet.

Simon

Adrian Turner
29-09-2011, 10:26 AM
Just an update to say that I have now picked up a real bargain :D of a Kipor IG2600, seller says it has only done about 2 hours and to be honest it looks like it just came out of the box. Starts and runs like a dream, not tested it under load yet as I am still fitting out the trailer.

Graham Taylor
29-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Same model as mine. Fill it up at the start and it'll run nearly all day although TBH I usually top up halfway through so have never let it run out.