Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS-40 with green screen [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS-40 with green screen

Paul Lunnon
18-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Hi
New here. Do any of you operate the D-40 with FXHome PhotoKey 4 pro (green screen) running under Windows XP. Neither DNP or FXhome can provide confirmation that this set up will work. The reason for asking is that we suffered a failure after upgrading to PhotoKey 4 pro our Kodak 6800 failed to print landscape, this is still being investigated by FXhome but we have a job coming up and we need to print from green screen so the purchase of a new printer seems the best option using the Kodak as a back up machine (should we get it working again).

Many thanks

Paul Lunnon

Mark Amies
18-08-2011, 11:03 AM
Whereabouts are you Paul? If it is convenient we coudl always test the idea here at our showroom, if it is practical.

Mark, Photomart.

Mike Weeks
18-08-2011, 11:42 AM
Paul,

I will download the demo later and try it if you cant get in to Photomart.

Mike

Michael Martin
18-08-2011, 01:35 PM
I have had issues printing with FX Fotokey to both DS and Mitsi printers. The problem was with the sizing of the output and not filling the paper properly. The solution for me, which I found simply by chance, was to set the print size in FX to 12 x 8 which I think is the max available. Then regardless of whether is was printing to a 12x8 or 9x6 printer, I got a correct print. I have no idea why this should be, but it worked. I was running from a Mac though so it may not be the same for you.
The last time I used FX I was connect to two DNP printers.

Stuart Morley
18-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Yes I can confirm what Michael says....

There are issues with CP3800DW (and maybe others). The CP9810's work fine.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Mark Amies
18-08-2011, 03:23 PM
EPS comes to the rescue again.

Well done.

:diff:

Paul Lunnon
18-08-2011, 07:23 PM
Hi all

Many thanks for the messages and advice today. I have been in touch with Mark at Photomart who has been an immense help. Will report back when I have some more information.

Paul Lunnon

Mike Weeks
18-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Paul,

I setup and printed a portrait image using Vista so decided to try landscape an ran into problems. Why not save the image instead of printing and use the following program for auto printing http://www.chiizu.com/Photo-Printer.html it costs US$29.95, about 20 and will probably overcome the Kodak issue as well meaning you can keep it as a backup

Mike

Paul Lunnon
18-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Mike
Thanks yes I would agree this could be an option a very interesting piece of software. Mike you say you set up and printed via Vista could you elaborate. Did you use PhotKey 4 pro? what printer were you using? If it was a DNP then FXHome do have a major problem with their software.

Many thanks for taking the time to help.

Paul

Mike Weeks
18-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Paul,

I downloaded the Pro 4 trial, strangely I found reference on their site to do this (download trial and see if it works with a particular printer) as they can not guarantee what printers work. Used the DS40 as that is what you said you were looking at.

Laptop has Vista installed hence why I used that. I will probably have time to try XP tomorrow.

Mike

Paul Lunnon
18-08-2011, 10:12 PM
Mike
Thanks for this they really seem to have come un stuck with this version. I will relay this back to the FXhome forum and add it to my ticket with them. Will keep you posted on any outcome.

Paul