Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Worldpay for Photo Cart [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Worldpay for Photo Cart

Duncan Harris
15-08-2011, 11:36 PM
I know a few people are wanting other uk payment methods.

Tim has finished the Worldpay gateway a few days ago. He's done as much testing as he can, you'll need to email him for the files and instructions.

Trudy Trafford
16-08-2011, 12:56 PM
What does the Worldpay option bring to the party?

simon coates
16-08-2011, 01:05 PM
What does the Worldpay option bring to the party?

I think that it offers a fixed monthly fee of around 20, which includes 350 transactions, instead of paying a percentage per transaction. Not sure what the requirements are for signing up though....

Simon

Duncan Harris
16-08-2011, 02:14 PM
I haven't done the maths but I think you will find that if you have a large amount going through WorldPay will work out cheaper over the year.

The other, and to some, the more important thing is that whilst you can process credit/debit cards via Paypal still many customers see Paypal and think that they need a Paypal account to pay and this can put them off.

I personally think Paypal is still associated with eBay and can give a less than professional image. If I'm buying goods I certainly feel that if they only have Paypal they are a small company and it does put me off with larger purchases but as our customer can't go elsewhere :-) then it's not as important.

A bit more information for anyone wanting more than Paypal, Tim at Photo Cart is also planning to produce a Sagepay gateway as well. I've asked him about No-Chex (no monthly fee), he says it's on his list "to look at" but no timeline.

As an aside some may not know that WorldPay is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland, operates in most countries and is probably the biggest on-line payment service. RBS also owns Streamline that deals with something like 50% of the UK face to face card transaction.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

david_clark
14-11-2011, 10:38 AM
I have just read that 19% of all online transactions in the UK are Paypal - and companies that don't offer Paypal will loose out....

However - PLEASE - the Sagepay interface would save me a small fortune...

To get the rates I pay with Sagepay/Streamline I would need to have over 55,000 of sales a month on credit cards!

More than half the sales made though Sagepay (which I use for my lab) are on Debit cards.

With debit cards its a fixed fee - about 25p to streamline - then the Sagepay section which for me would be around 10p - so about 35p per transaction.
With Paypal that would be about 1.35 - so just 25 debit sales a month would save money if I already didn't use Sagepay.....

Now if you don't have a credit card merchant account you have a few more costs - so that would add to the number of transactions....

There doesn't seem to be any major differences between Worldpay and Sagepay - both are the same cost for the same number of transactions - except if you use SAGE accounts you can incorporate the ability to send invoice and statements with a link to pay via Sagepay...