Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
SDMO Booster 2000 & other generators [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : SDMO Booster 2000 & other generators

Mike Weeks
15-08-2011, 09:21 AM
The SDMO Booster 200 is the third generator that I have used that contains a Honda GX100 engine, the others being the Honda EU20i and the Stephill SHX2000 (which appears to have been discontinued). A lucky search on ebay found it cheap and the reason for choosing is the genuine engine.

All of these are quiet in operation and fuel economy is good. I ran the SDMO from 8am till 6pm on 5 litres of fuel yesterday and remember similar consumption for the other 2.

I hired the Stephill last year and we had a problem in that when 2 printers were run the voltage would drop and the PC would then switch off (not good) - it appeared to have a similar load sensitive speed system to the Honda EU20i (never had this issue with the Honda)

New price for an SDMO is approx 600 which is just over half the cost of the Honda EU20i.

Whilst shopping in Macro I noticed that they currently have a 2.2KW inverter generator on offer which is identical to the Clarke IG2200 which you can get from Machinemart for 480 for 420 and a smaller 1KW version for 300.

Mike

Colin Brister
15-08-2011, 08:15 PM
The SDMO Booster 200 is the third generator that I have used that contains a Honda GX100 engine, the others being the Honda EU20i and the Stephill SHX2000 (which appears to have been discontinued). A lucky search on ebay found it cheap and the reason for choosing is the genuine engine.

All of these are quiet in operation and fuel economy is good. I ran the SDMO from 8am till 6pm on 5 litres of fuel yesterday and remember similar consumption for the other 2.

I hired the Stephill last year and we had a problem in that when 2 printers were run the voltage would drop and the PC would then switch off (not good) - it appeared to have a similar load sensitive speed system to the Honda EU20i (never had this issue with the Honda)

New price for an SDMO is approx 600 which is just over half the cost of the Honda EU20i.

Whilst shopping in Macro I noticed that they currently have a 2.2KW inverter generator on offer which is identical to the Clarke IG2200 which you can get from Machinemart for 480 for 420 and a smaller 1KW version for 300.

Mike

Be careful there MIke, had a 2.2 from makro, great generator, but as soon as i got the DNP I had a few issues, couldn't get the DNP to fire up sometimes, this year replaced with a 3.6... problem solved.

Mike Weeks
15-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Colin,

the power consumption of both DNP printers is 400W. We happily had 3 viewing screens and thin clients, the main event computer, battery chargers, 32 inch TV and both printers running without issue. Generator is 1.6KW rated and total load is less than that. The inverter technology means that it should be stable. It is not just the power that needs to be considered but the technology behind it which is why it was a shock that the Stehill had problems.

Mike