Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Advice please on updating the offers on EV [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Advice please on updating the offers on EV

Toni Martin
27-07-2011, 07:06 AM
Hello,

I am trying to change the offers on EV to my own custom offers. I thought it would be as simple as changing the jpeg images inside the relevent styles folder and then in jalbum pointing the display offers to the updated jpeg image. However, the offers continue to be the old defualt ones with a jpeg image that no longer even exists being shown. I am sure I have missed out a step but cannot think what it could be.
Thanks in anticpation.

(BTW EV is superb, it has got us excited about viewing stations again so thank you).

Mike Weeks
27-07-2011, 08:21 AM
Toni,

you can change the Offer jpegs in the \EventView\styles\Black folder where Black is the chosen style. I have found issues with JAlbum that prevent this updating which may not be JAlbum but the way that Vista works. If needed just rename a complete EventView skin with your changes and install that.

Mike

Toni Martin
27-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Hello Mike,

thank you for the prompt reply. I have renamed the jpegs and created a new skin folder (blackok) for those changes but I am encountering a problem installing a new event view skin: Tools > Skin Developer > Create New Skin but when I enter a name for the new skin when prompted I get the following error: 'Error creating new skin: Copy File:Cannot copy directory onto single file'

Am I trying to install the new skin correctly ?

Thanks again,

Toni

Graham Taylor
27-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Toni
I have had a few problem with altering these. For some reason they dont show and old offer still displays when generating the galleries. I find if you save the altered image on your desktop, delete the "old version" then drop the altered one into the skin it works ok. Never had this issue with XP but for some reason now exists with W7.

Toni Martin
27-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Got there ! Now what offers to give in these tough economic times :)

Thank you both ever so much....

Toni

Graham Taylor
27-07-2011, 11:04 AM
I always believe to make the offers suit the occasion. Football tournaments = 9x6 10 each, buy 2 get a third free! I do this as I dont give any offers on my website. This encourages buyers to spend on the day.

Black tie = 9x6 10 each, buy 2 or 3 for 24 (= 8 each) good for proms, student balls etc were they will work out exact price to the penny! Charity events you could make the offer 3 for 25. More cash tin friendly and guests dont worry too much about the pennies! Adding the third print for 4 or 5 gives your your cost of printing and the others are clear profit :lol:

Mike Weeks
27-07-2011, 11:13 AM
Toni,

it might be a good idea to add something that lets them know that it is only available on-site.

Mike