Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Help Needed Please [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed Please

Mark Jones
13-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Hi All,
I have Photocart 6 and a quick question.
I have to do a charity event where the pictures are going to be sold online after the event. Pricing is £10 or two for £15, however,when I try and set up the discount element I get all sorts of weird and wonderful variations on the deal and Price! Clearly is something i am doing wrong but I get the original price crossed through with the new price entered, even though both prices are the same.
Can some one help with how I do set up this kind of deal please.I have read through the manual but still can't get it sussed! :oops:
Thanks in advance,
Rgds
Mark

Mike Weeks
13-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Easiest solution is that you set;

Set your Price for 1 to be £10 and in Quantity discounts set;

Price ...... Quantity from ...... Quantity to
7.50 .............. 2 ....................... 0
so first print costs £10 and if you buy 2 or more all prints cost 7.50 each

so 3 will cost £22.50 or were you looking for first 2 costing £15 and third costing £10, so a total of £25?

Mike

chris nutt
13-07-2011, 08:58 PM
Hi Mark,

I have created a "Traditional Package" of 3 prints for £xx - but you can set this to whatever you want. Look it up in the help files - it's pretty straightforward. You then just add this package to your pricng scheme for the event.

Mark Jones
14-07-2011, 12:44 PM
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the post. This is what I do but it simply comes up with the price crossed out and replaced with the same price side by side - looks odd!
Any other idea?
Regards
Mark

NOTE: Edited out copy of post because original answer incorrect, correct version is now above.

Wayne Jarratt
15-07-2011, 06:29 AM
Thanks for the post. This is what I do but it simply comes up with the price crossed out and replaced with the same price side by - looks odd

That's what happens when I do this Mark so perhaps this is a bug that might be resolved by upgrading, which I've yet to do. The last time I checked it was in beta, but I think Paul & Mike have already done so perhaps they could let us know if this happens in the lastest version.

Mike Weeks
15-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Wayne,

I never used version 5 and went straight for the betas of version 6 - final release came out about a month ago.

The discount system works really well and it is possible to do something along the lines of;

first print costs £12
2 prints cost £11 each
3 or 4 prints cost £10.50 each
5 or more prints cost £10 each

You also have the option of if they have to be the same or can be different images.

Lastly you can have it so that

print 1 costs £12
print 2 cost £11
prints 3 and 4 cost £10.50 each
prints 5 or more cost £10 each

so 6 prints cost £12 + £11 + £10.50 + £10.50 + £10 + £10 i.e. £64

More options than you can shake the proverbial stick at.

Mike