Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Help - EV and Second monitor [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Help - EV and Second monitor

Andon Zhelyazkov
11-07-2011, 10:59 PM
Hi, I have running EV on my PC with WINDOWS 7, but would like to use my laptop for view station, the laptop is with WINDOWS XP, is that possible or not.

What I have done until now.
I set up my wireless adaptor to 192.168.1.1 and I had massage, that IP is assigned to another adapter Realtec...., so I don't know what to do.

I would like to apologise in advance for my English, but it's not my mother language.

Many Thanks,
Andon

Frederic de Laminne
12-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Hi Andon,

you can have the server running Windows 7 and the client / viewstations using XP (or anything else); it will work.

For the wireless / network configuration; I have not tried with wireless, I have only used cables/wired connections, but wireless should also work if you have an access point or you need to configure the wireless network card in some other ways (ad hoc I think).

You can only have 1 computer with the IP 192.168.1.1, your server for example (the PC with Windows 7). The client/View station should have another IP like 192.168.1.2 or 192.168.1.3 ....