Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
EVENT VIEW help [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : EVENT VIEW help

29-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Hi all,

Trying different viewing station software packages (without a great deal of success at the moment it must be said).

Anyway, specifically for Mikes Event View software I could do with some help on the set-up please.

"You should the network address manuallyfor all the computers and the one running the
WAMP server software should be set as 192.168.1.1 with a sub net mask of 255.255.255.0"

How do I do that please?

"On your control PC, open your Internet browser and point it to:
http://localhost/ControlPanel.php"

At the moment getting the not found message.

Cheers,
Martin.

RichardHobson
29-07-2009, 04:19 PM
Unfortunatley this isn't an answer to your question - yet.

I'm currently setting up the software. I have just invested in a dedicated server (old pc!) and a viewing station (wyse unit).

So as soon as I go through all the hurdles maybe we'll be able to share experiences. If I come across your issue and solve it I'll let you know.

Cheers

Richard

richard ham
29-07-2009, 04:33 PM
I'm assuming you're using Pc's Martin?

To assign the addresses;
From your desktop, open "My network places"
Click on "View network connections"
Find the connection you want to use, normally this is a Local area connection and right click on it and select properties.
In the 'General' tab scroll down and highlight 'Internet Protocol (TCP/IP' then click 'Properties' button.
You'll now see a check box 'Use the following IP address', this is where you enter the 192.168.2.1. Thje sub net mask should default to 255.255.255.0.

Now go to your viewing stations and do the same, but changing the value of the address by 1. I.E, Viewing station 1 would be 192.168.2.1, then 192.168.2.3 and so on.

Now, i believe the instructions written (access http://localhost/ControlPanel.php ) are out of date. I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong here, but WAmp server has changed a little.
I can't remember exactly how the setup works now, but click on the wamp sever icon in the toolbar and select sqlsitemanager to set up your data base, then sqlphpmyadmin to set up your file structure. Your index page can then be viewed via localhost.

Sorry i can't be more specific but i can re-install on a laptop this evening if you want a more detailed walk through on it.

One point to mention, when selecting your IP address on your main laptop, make sure your not using an existing lan connection that is already being used for your internet connection.
I found it impossible to do on my Pc but using a laptop that wasn't used for internet connection made it much easier.

Mike Weeks
29-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Now, i believe the instructions written (access http://localhost/ControlPanel.php ) are out of date. I'm sure i'll be corrected if i'm wrong here, but WAmp server has changed a little.
I can't remember exactly how the setup works now, but click on the wamp sever icon in the toolbar and select sqlsitemanager to set up your data base, then sqlphpmyadmin to set up your file structure. Your index page can then be viewed via localhost.

Richard,

these instructions do not refer to WAMP but to the database used by the skin. There is nothing that needs to be done once the installation on WAMP has been run so yes your guess is right and you are being corrected.

Mike

29-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Well thanks to Mike for talking me through this. It was to do with setting the IP address ad disconnecting from the internet so that didn't conflict.

Seems to be running ok now and looks pretty good. It's been a long day though so I'll give it further testing later.

richard ham
29-07-2009, 07:05 PM

Richard,

these instructions do not refer to WAMP but to the database used by the skin. There is nothing that needs to be done once the installation on WAMP has been run so yes your guess is right and you are being corrected.

Mike

:rofl:
That's nothing new Mike. Wish i had this level of support when I tried using it before paying £100 for another similar product.
I did get to use it once, but I must have used a lot of sticking plasters because I somehow managed to set it up another way.

RichardHobson
29-07-2009, 08:17 PM
Ok, so it looks like a couple of us setting this up at the same time!
I'm all up and running -

except -

The images for the buttons below the special offer box just give me a square with a red X in them. I've checked and the images are definitely in the directory. Some are PNG, some GIF and some JPG. The special offer and logo images load fine.

The odd thing is that it shows fine on the server but not on the viewing station which leads me to think it's an IE issue on the VS but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Any ideas folks?

Richard

richard ham
29-07-2009, 08:38 PM
I get the same problem using just jpegs.
I haven't found a solution yet i'm sorry to report.
(Pointless reply then, sorry about that)

Mike Weeks
30-07-2009, 07:43 AM
Guys,

there are sometimes problems when you have tried to do this a couple of times. First action is to delete all the the contents of the www folder and then run the 'Make JAlbum' button.
If this does not work have you switched off all firewalls on the viewing computers? What OS are you running? What version of IE are you running?

Moved the thread in with the software as it makes a bit more sense to keep everything together.

Mike

RichardHobson
30-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks for stepping in Mike.

I've just tried deleting everything in the www folder and re doing the albm but wt no success.

The viewing station is a WYSE 3125SE running windows ce with IE 6

RichardHobson
30-07-2009, 09:01 AM
Mike,

I've done a little searching and it seems there may be an issue with some windows systems with IE displaying PNG files. There is a fix which works for XP and vista etc but I havent found anything to do with CE.

I thought a workaround may be to convert the 14 PNG files in the skin to jpg and then edit the jAlbum skin to reference jpg images rather than png. Should be quite easy with a find and replace.

I'm not asking you to do it. I'll do it, I just wondered if in your experience with jAlbum this workaround would, well, work!

Richard

simon coates
30-07-2009, 09:20 AM
For some reason, Microsoft have always had problems dealing with PNGs correctly. Historically, they can't cope properly with anything other than 8-bit PNGs.

Simon

Mike Weeks
30-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Richard,

I am doing quite a bit of work on it at the moment, I know where the code is so it won't take too long to edit. Thanks for the offer of help, I may take you up on that in the future.

To add to this I have just added an option for CDs where you can give a price for a base CD containing however many images you want and then an additional price per image. I have also found a number of instances where prices such as £8.50 would be displayed as £8.5 which have been corrected. I will upload a modified version tonight.

Simon Coates is busy looking at issues with the MAC to make everything run smoothly as its OS raises other questions which when corrected then have to be checked on Windows again.

Rob Marsh has been updating the instructions but will get hit with a number of changes that need to be incorporated, hopefully by the weekend so any versions I upload over the next couple of days may be a bit different from current instructions.

As you can see this is becoming a bit of a team approach and I appreciate the efforts of Simon and Rob in labouring for no reward on this along with me.

The next feature I hope to add in will be watermarking of large images. I have also noted the rise in incidences where the sales people are stopping people photographing the screens.

I am sure that like most software there will be a few more bugs to be found, so if you do find any post here and I will get to them when I can.

Mike

RichardHobson
30-07-2009, 10:28 AM
Thanks Mike.

For anyone with the PNG issue. The workaround to convert the PNG's to JPS's does work. You can batch change them all in photoshop. To change the album skin you need to open it in jAlbum. A stack of pages will open. You can then use ctrl+F to find "png" and replace with jpg.

It took me about 15 minutes to find and change them all.
What it does mean of course is that any future updates will revert back to the PNG until the code is permanantly changed to jpg (or gif) so you may want to hold off.

Myself I'm happy to have put the work in to get this going.

For anyone concerned about the speed of a PC you need to act as a server. Don't.

I'm using a Pentium 4 2.8Ghz with low spec Ram and Hard drive.
My viewing station is a wyse unit running Windows CE ( a fiver off Ebay!) with 64Mb of memory!

Thank you Mike for some excellent software!

Richard

Mike Weeks
30-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Richard,

I will incorporate the change and post the amended files this evening - good to know that it works for you before I make the amendments.

Mike

Mike Weeks
30-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Updated version now posted, if you do find any errors please post here so that I can work on them.

Mike

02-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Hi there,
I've been loooking at your Jalbum skin - GREAT JOB!

I have a couple questions / issues.

It seems if I make an album with no index folders all is well, but if I have sub folders it losses the links for background colour /order cart thumbs and buttons after the first level for most and some items at the 3rd sort of level.

Can this be used for multi level structure?
IE
Tourn. Name
DATE 1
->Game 1
->Game 2
Date 2
->Game 1
->Game 2
Etc...
Seems that when I go to the "game# folder background is gone
When I go to the larger files (after thumbs) background and buttons are gone
In the cart the thumbs are gone.
Tried where there was only the one level and dang it's cool, no issues that I saw!

If more info helps I can rebuild it and provide more detail.

Other note, is there an easy way to add a couple of additional products?
THANKS
Anthony!

Mike Weeks
02-09-2009, 08:58 PM
Anthony,

what operating system are you running? What version of JAlbum? Not seen that issue before if there are images in the folders. JAlbum has an issue with empty folders and hopefully they are going to fix it.

Mike

03-09-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi there,
I've tried this with the latest JAlbum and on XP Pro and Windows7
WampServer is 2.0i
I tried a couple variations of older Jalbum / Older Wamp / Older EventViewer skin.

Still not getting clean output.
Latest on the XP box:
frensh install of Jalbum 8.3.5
WampServer is 2.0i
Skin from the download from this forum

From the machine acting as server looks good icons ect. seemed ok.
Connecting from alternate PC (XP Pro and Win7) Firefox and IE used
in the first try Buttons in full size screen appear to link to "localhost/GAMEFOLDER/ViewAlbum.php" and not found.

Second try with
install of Jalbum 8.3.5
WampServer is 2.0i
Skin from the download on JAlbum (zip file not the self exe)
Links seem to be working differently (localhost not seeming to be imbeded)
IE from XP link is trying to get to "http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/ViewAlbum.php"
..and yes the machine I'm trying this time is IP 192.168.0.106
But not getting clean output again.

I could not see where this would cause issue but I think the next step is:
get spare router (config to 192.168.1.1 as per doc)
remove all software
Reinstall software- ? latest versions or should I go to the tested in instll doc?
...see what I get.

I'd really like to have this up and stable for a Hockey touny
Thoughts anyone....
and thanks!

03-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Forgot to add:
One of the pages gets Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\index.php on line 9
Similar for all - IE Deprecated: Function session_register() is deprecated in C:\wamp\www\03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham\slides\_DSC5832.php on line 9
Is on another deeper in.

Get this at the top of pages on my first scenario noted above.

Mike Weeks
03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Anthony,

just uploaded a newer version which should overcome some of the issues except the Function session_register() is deprecated which is due to the latest version of PHP. If you can not find an older version I can make one available for download here.

Mike

04-09-2009, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the reply.
removed the Wampserver and installed "F" version.

Also just got the Sept 3 Version of the skin...
NICE ADD on the server IP!!!!

I can now test with existing internet setup, easily compile with site setup AND if there is some fail on site.... recompile the album on another machine (IP).

First run puting in and it looks slick and quick connecting and seeing pages/buttons etc...

Now...Still an issue I'm having...
When I go to \\localhost/controlPanel.php - Comes up but
When I Click Create database I get error (line 9 I believe)
IF I change admin2.php in the www folder to be $dbHost = "Localhost" instead of the IP address, I get past the error in admin2.php and get error in MySQLConnect.php.
IF I change the same line in MySQLConnect.php ($Host to = localhost and not IP.
THEN I get no errors at the server.

From other connecting PC:
Trying to save an album (t1 is the PC runninig wamp/album):
Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Host 'T1' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server in C:\wamp\www\testconOrders.php on line 17
Unable to connect to server.

Change testconOrders.php to $Host entry to Localhost from IP and seems I'm in

For the Order end of it...
The login at the terminal is free text (full field to type in)
In the Order find at the server I have the 4 entry drop downs for Cust name and PIN.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help on this feel free to ask!

Thanks
Anthony (email AnthonyATphotofulcrum.com)

04-09-2009, 02:45 PM
Quick FYI 192.168.0.106 was the server IP

Mike Weeks
04-09-2009, 04:57 PM
I probably got a bit carried away with the amendments and have made a few alterations to correct the errors. The free text is there to save an album, if you switch to mouse only there are 4 drop downs for name and PIN. I only added this to the control panel as a test. Easy enough to add the free text if needed.
A newer version dated 04 Sept has been uploaded.

Mike

04-09-2009, 06:06 PM
WOW, your fast on this stuff.

Downloaded and running!
I'll let you know the findings.

Now.... if you could only teach other companys "customer service"!

Thanks...AGAIN!
Anthony

Mike Weeks
04-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Anthony,

you have to remember that this is a personal project and therefore any errors others find will also be errors for me. The greatest difficulty is trying to ensure that this runs well on MACs as well as windows as well as keeping pace with changes made in the WAMP system.

Once all the errors are resolved I intend to look at how I can make it easier to use with touch screens - at present the inputs are a bit small in my opinion.

Mike

04-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Hi again...
I think this skin is the BEST!!!

Looks like a lot in my post I'm sure, but just me giving what is likely too much info.

Doing some more testing...

Pages an Buttons:
My sample is (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... SC5853.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/slides/_DSC5853.php))

The "UP" Button goes to page not found.
It in this case is looking for (http://192.168.0.106/index2.php)

The button works on the first of the index pages
IE:
http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... SC5831.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/slides/_DSC5831.php) (This is on the first index page)
The up button goes correctly to http://192.168.0.106/index.php

Any of the index pages past the first act in the same way (third page looks for /index3.php)

Login Server/Client:
Still had where the view station had free text login but the control panel at the server was drop downs so I could not pull order based on login (test2 in the veiwer stn, cannot enter in the 4 space drop down at the server.

Using Mouse only does make these match up so it can be used Mouse only effectivly (no free text in use)
Keyboard and Mouse seems to leave the server not able to get order by login.

Browsers
Also noted:
Slideshow Errored:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\www\phpslideshow.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined index: 0 in C:\wamp\www\phpslideshow.php on line 73

Nice to haves:
Option to not have logo space reserved on page(was there earlier I think?)
Not sure if "offers" spcae is reserved for the page if not used, but same if it is.
Ability to get a little larger images withou messing up the great look/format of the page when using the default size (bumps buttons etc.. way below the image)

Side note - With Firefox 3.5.2:
Main page good
Index pages have buttons on top of thumbs
Large Pic pages have slight overlap on image and buttons hide the last $ entry or 2.
More just a note for those planning a linux free client as view stations,like me.... :)

So thats what I have found, not to pester but trying to help!!!

Thanks yet again,
Anthony

04-09-2009, 07:58 PM
Just noticed your post above mine.

Just checked out the view client on the MAC here...Geez it looks alot nicer than MS. Clean format looks good!

04-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Yes, I know.. it's HIM again!
:D
Opening album
did new user -> add item --> Save album (entered usename/PIN)
Then
Click New user --> Open Album --> enter username/PIN --> Click Open Album
Get page with only this error:
Parse error: parse error in C:\wamp\www\AddToOrder.php on line 13

Mike Weeks
04-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I have tried to repeat the errors but can not even after updating firefox to 3.5.2.

The users login is only for them to save a basket that they can return to and add more images to before ordering. When they place an order they get an order number on screen and it is that which you look for. I can add a free text login if needed at the control panel to access saved albums.

What OS, version of WAMP and browser were you using?

Mike

04-09-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey there,
Go the errors on Win XP with IE6 and Win 7 with IE7.
Wamp is the save version as the install doc (2.0F)

05-09-2009, 12:45 AM
Mikes software sounds very useful. Where is it found?

05-09-2009, 02:30 AM
See it here

Skin and basic install doc tells the info

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=160 (http://www.eventphotographersociety.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=160)

07-09-2009, 03:21 PM
Hi again....
All with IE 6 and 7 on XP sp3 and Win7.

Issue with the Opening of a Saved Album:
I shortened down and removed brackets fomr the Sales item descriptions
Seemed to work fine
Went back and put in brackets etc.. Still fine.
Stumped as to what it was

Still issue with Index pages that have more than one page of index. (Index1, index2, Index3)
Main page (root) has 3 folders. In each is about 4 pages of index.

Example:
REAL PAGE = http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... index2.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/index2.php)

Going from page - http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... SC5850.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/slides/_DSC5850.php)

the "UP" Button tries to got to -http://192.168.0.106/index2.php
And Not http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... index2.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/index2.php) as it 'should.

As for Firefox, I'd suggest not worying about it yet...
If you want I can do more esting for you on the format etc...

Thanks,
Anthony

simon coates
07-09-2009, 03:54 PM
Issue with the Opening of a Saved Album:
I shortened down and removed brackets fomr the Sales item descriptions
Seemed to work fine
Went back and put in brackets etc.. Still fine.
Stumped as to what it was

I know that there's a problem if you use a " in the product description. I originally added the description of 9x6" print, and it kind of broke a bit.

I know that Mike is working on some large-scale changes with the way in which the application deals with paths so as to make it more cross-platform compatible. Mike sent me a new build on Friday and I hope to test it here on the Mac this evening.

Simon

07-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Excellent.... Look forward to seeing the update.

Anything I can do to help.. just let me know!

15-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Well looks like despite doing this for a living I'm having a few problems.

Collected laptop from another member on here to sort this out ready for the Wyse setup we are using. Andy had previously installed the software and tried but was getting issues.

I promptly removed all software and directory structures, rebooted and reinstalled using the same version as the instructions. ( Oddly this worked without issue on my VM that I usually test stuff out on )

Problem is now.
On local machine white screen with Red crosses where buttons should be, DB doesn't appear to operate as expected and also the pricing structure isn't applying as the default appears to be £8.50, despite me setting up different models within the skin itself.

So I removed the skin fully deleting the directory structures from the C:\Program Files JAlbum directory and the as a precaution from the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Jalbum structure.

Rebooted

Copied in new version again of skin setup the relevant bit I wanted like Name, Event, Date, Prices etc.

Cleared the C:\Wamp\www directory and hit Shift-F9 site created....but still not showing correctly.

Is there something hidden away in the registry that could be causing some of this, hidden folders where config is stored

Think it is going to be a total XP rebuild if I can't get it going by the weekend.

Anyone else had the same ?

brin edwards
15-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Hi Chris

I may be able to help you, have sent you an email with tel nos

Brin

Graham Taylor
15-10-2009, 06:20 PM
From what I have read about this software and XP, am I correct in saying it will not work with XP Home only XP Pro?

If so is this because XP Home doesnt have ftp but XP Home does?

Assuming the above is correct would XP Home work if running 3rd party ftp ? I run Pix Agent which acts as a server when shooting wireless so would that work?

15-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Right then folks... good news... Well almost anyway

Sorted the eventview server out after doing the below

Created new sign on for laptop ( being used as server )

Started regedit and edited the remaining rubbish that the uninstallers had left behind thus leaving the machine as if WAMP and Jalbum had never been on. ( I was really shocked how rubbish the unistaller was for such a small app in excess of 24 orphan entries )

Installed latest version of Wamp
Installed latest version of Jalbum
Promptly installed Wamp with php 5.2.8 to resolve the PHP errors being shown on all screens from viewing station and local browser.

I think there is still a problem with the skin however as if you alter the pricing sections of the invoice tab nothing alters on the site. How I got round this was by editing the user variables on advanced tab and not the Eventview tab. This was the same for the copyright owner info and the company name / event name info.

It did work in the previous version I had which I downloaded late July I believe. So the only thing I can suggest is that some code has altered on the newer versions.

Once I can come up with a bullet proof method of installation I shall do a dummies guide to eventview installation, with nice pretty pictures and so general networking information etc.

Still intrested in your finding Mike as and when you get time to replicate the errors being seen.

Chris.

In the whole my experience shows that the installers aren't very forgiving, and they leave too much trash behind afterwards...so my top tip. Backup your registry before you install and take a system restore point ( if your using Windows XP ) then should something not quote work you can restore to that point and start a fresh !

Loving the setup though.. now just need it to pay for itself....not the software as such but all the kit that has been brought to make it happen in a nice and easy layout.

ttfn

Mike Weeks
17-10-2009, 05:58 PM
From what I have read about this software and XP, am I correct in saying it will not work with XP Home only XP Pro?

If so is this because XP Home doesnt have ftp but XP Home does?

Assuming the above is correct would XP Home work if running 3rd party ftp ? I run Pix Agent which acts as a server when shooting wireless so would that work?

Graham,

as far as I am aware the software should work with both. I use filezilla server for wireless but you can use whatever you want to get the images into the source file.

Mike

Graham Taylor
18-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Cheers Mike and thanks for the call.

30-12-2009, 02:34 AM
Hi again...

Looks like a lot in my post I'm sure, but just me giving what is likely too much info.

Doing some more testing...

Pages an Buttons:
My sample is (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... SC5853.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/slides/_DSC5853.php)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

The "UP" Button goes to page not found.
It in this case is looking for (http://192.168.0.106/index2.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

The button works on the first of the index pages
IE:
http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs ... SC5831.php (http://192.168.0.106/03_Grand_Valley-vs-Durham/slides/_DSC5831.php)" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (This is on the first index page)
The up button goes correctly to http://192.168.0.106/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Any of the index pages past the first act in the same way (third page looks for /index3.php)

------snipped----

Thanks yet again,
Anthony

I've been experimenting with some different event software and like what I see here. However, I'm having the same issue Anthony described in his post. The "UP" button directs the browser back to the main directory, which doesn't include the index pages. It should be directing to the sub directories.

Another issue I've noticed: The order pages, accessed through the Control Panel, show the location of the image files as a link (apparently a javascript). When I click on these, nothing happens. I may not have something set correctly. It would be great if these would open in my image software. I presently use ACDSee for quick editing and printing. Let me know if I need to do something else or if there is another reason for this.

I can't wait for the version with scrolling capabilities. I shoot primarily motorsports and I sort my events by track and then by dates. I often have 500 photos per date. The fewer index pages the better.

I'll keep experimenting. It took me a long time to get the network to function properly. I think I've figured that out now. My wireless internet connection was apparently conflicting with the LAN.

Thanks,
Bob

30-12-2009, 02:38 AM
Just want to add to my earlier post. I'm using XP Pro 3. Browser I'm using is Firefox. I haven't tried it in IE. Will do that next.

30-12-2009, 06:20 AM
HI,
I've been trying a lot of different things for the past few hours. I found the scrolling option is available at the bottom of the page. I was looking for it on the side. It wasn't visible when I had the browser in normal viewing mode. The issue with it on the bottom, is the order of the photos. I set the row and column settings at 125 and 4, so I could put 500 pictures on one page. That worked great. When looking at the screen image, you see photos from the beginning of the event, the middle, and the end of the event all together. If the scrolling was on the side, you would see images from the same time period.

I found that I could have the image order sent to an order folder by clicking on the "auto print orders on" option on the "Pricing, Order and Entry" page. That's a great feature and is exactly what I was looking for. (Initially, I thought that the image would go directly to the printer and I didn't want that to happen while just trying it.)

I still haven't resolved the "UP" button issue. I tried making each sub-folder individually but that didn't make a difference. In fact it wouldn't allow the thumbnail image to show when the image was ordered.

I'm unable to generate .pdf files. I assume that's because of the wamp server. There is no option on the latest version to mark for the extension. I assume you are aware of this. I will try downloading a php add-on from the wamp site and see if that helps. FYI, I'm not familiar at all with servers.

You've done a great job with this. I've been trying to configure Darkroom to do something like this but I wasn't happy with the results. I have a few weeks before my season starts in earnest and I think I will give this a try. Right now, I'm going to bed and you will be getting up soon. One of us lives on the other side of the ocean. :)

Thanks so much for developing this.
Bob

Graham Taylor
30-12-2009, 09:43 AM
Hi Bob
My understanding (if I recall correctly) from Mike is the "up" button should go up one level, handy if using sub folders. The "Home" button directs the browser back to the main index page. Is this how its working for you?

Have not yet tried the latest version but wil be doing so next week when I'm "home alone" again and free of distractions. If I read your post correctly are you saying the "scroll bar" runs along the bottom of the screen and images scroll L-R?

I know Mike is visiting in Germany at the moment but is still working on EV as he says it better than listening to the women nattering ;-) . I'm sure when he reads this he'll respond.

Mike Weeks
30-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Currywurst and gluhwein calling so will be out all day but will read this again this evening. Scrolling should however be at the side and not the bottom so I can only assume you have the row/column figures reversed. It will also be only a 2 minute job to add settings to turn the home/up buttons on and off.

Mike

30-12-2009, 09:06 PM
Thank you both for the quick response. Graham, at present the home button is taking me back to main index page and not to the sub folder. The home button is doing the same, as it should.

Mike, I have tried my row/column settings with several variations. You are correct that the values were reversed when the scroll was at the bottom. However, with the values correct, I get no scroll bar at all. I probably have something set incorrectly but can't figure it out. I'm not sure what the "Thumbnail Div Height" setting is for. I have tried it blank, at 500 and 5000 and don't see any difference.

I did try another version of the wamp server and the .php settings are working now.

Again, thank you for your responses and enjoy your vacation.

Bob

Mike Weeks
30-12-2009, 10:34 PM
The scroll bar will only appear if there are enough images to need it i.e. the thumbnail div is smaller than that needed for all of the thumbnails. The thumbnail div height is so that you can adjust the height of the area that scrolls, 500 should be OK for a screen of about 1280 x 1024 but if bigger or lower resolutions are used it may be neccesary to adjust the slider length. I have been using 4 columns and whatever I want for Rows (a setting of 0 is unlimited).

I have just posted a new version (1.3.3) that gives the option of turning off the Home and Up navigation buttons. Home should always take you to the root level and Up takes you up to the next level in a multi folder structure - just dont turn both off.

Mike

31-12-2009, 06:11 AM
I still can't get the scroll to work. Does it work properly for you? I've tried different settings and different screen resolutions and can't get it. I can live without it by putting all the thumbnails on one page but then the navigation buttons aren't visible and I run into issues after clicking on a thumbnail. These are the issues with the "up" and "home" buttons.

Here are the issues with the "up" and "home" buttons. When I turn the "home" option off, both buttons are gone. When I turn the "up" option off, both are still there. In that case they are both working as they did previously.
This next example is what happens with the "home" option off. For instance, after placing an item in your album now, you have only the option of buying the album or press the "continue" button. If you press "continue" you are taken to the next photo in the album rather than the index page. The only way to get back to the index page is to click on "new viewer", find the appropriate album, and start over. In addition, if going to the next page in the album and clicking on a thumbnail for a larger version, you can't get back without starting completely over again.

In this example I have the "up" option off and home on. In this setting both button still appear on the pages. Using the up button in the index pages takes you back to the top level or main index. Going from index page to index page and back isn't a problem if you use the back button. But you can't do that if you've selected a thumbnail to view. In this instance pressing the up button give this error: "The requested URL /index2.php was not found on this server." From this page you can only use the browsers back button to go back and start over. Obviously not acceptable.

Sorry this is so long but I wanted to describe in detail the issue.

Bob

Graham Taylor
31-12-2009, 10:31 AM
Bob
To recap
1.Scroll doesnt work? I've just downloaded latest version and it works for me.
2. Issue with Home & Up buttons are both serving the same function, ie directing back to index page?
3. When adding to order your only option to "continue shopping" is the continue button which only directs you to next image instead the index page?

New Viewer button is only really a refresh option which should direct you back to home page.
Do you have any issues with "next" or "Previous" functions?

I think the basis of these issues are possibly down to using multiple folders. If so there may need to be some recoding which I'm sure Mike will redress once hes overcome his " Currywurst and gluhwein" problem :D
I've not yet tried multi folders but it is something I'm wanting to use during 2010 so hopefully its not a major issue and easy to resolve.

Mike Weeks
31-12-2009, 03:07 PM
The Up and Home problem.
UpandHome.jpg

Many people will not use more than one folder for an event so this is less of a problem but for some events you may want to group images together. At some indoor equestrian events I will have a folder per competitor and the group the competitors by time i.e. from 10-11 am. If you compare this to the diagram the images are of an individual competitor. If I wish to go UP it would be to the group that competed from 10 till 11 but HOME would be to the whole event. I could of course gone UP twice. You obviously need such a structure in place for this to occur. If you only have Level 2 in use then UP & HOME will do exactly the same - you need to introduce levels 3, 4, 5 etc to see the difference.

Here are the issues with the "up" and "home" buttons. When I turn the "home" option off, both buttons are gone. When I turn the "up" option off, both are still there. In that case they are both working as they did previously. It works perfectly for me. Two things to check, first delete the contents of the WWW folder and re-create and secondly what version of which browser are you using?

The Scroll is a different issue. I designed the layout for a 4x4 setup and you will not see the scroll come into action until you have 17 or more images on the page (could just as easily be folders) as long as you use the 500 height. You need to exceed the size of the thumbnail div before the scroll becomes needed and is generated.

New Viewer also runs a script to clear the contents of the shopping basket, a new customer does not want to find images they have not added in their album.

The reason for going back to the same image after pressing continue is that if you go back to index you may have to navigate all the way back to where you were looking. This was important before I added the change for the scrolling div etc. No reason why I can not add the option of where to direct the continue i.e. return to last image or index - only a small change.

I use the browser in Kiosk mode so the back and forwards button on the browser are not visible and only the buttons that the code generates are visible - hence the warning about switching off both Up & Home. I will be changing that bit later to having a choice between both on or only one of them on.

Hope this of help

Mike

Graham Taylor
31-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Mike
How do you set the browser in kiosk mode? Is this done in the Wyse unit or Jalbum setting?

Mike Weeks
31-12-2009, 05:15 PM
Graham,

press F11 on the keyboard and the browser goes into Kiosk mode. The guy that setup my wyse terminals added as part of the startup script. Press F11 to come back out.

Mike

31-12-2009, 11:52 PM
Hi I'm just logging on and see your messages. Happy New Year to you.

I did download the new version last night and I did delete all the contents of the www folder. I will do it again tonight and see what happens. There must be something I'm doing wrong for my scrolling not to work. I have over 500 images in the folder and only 4 columns.

My issues with the up and down feature may be a structure issue. For testing purposes I had a root level with 2 subfolders in it. The subfolders held the images. I will add another level to see what happens. It is necessary for me to have more than the one level.

It would be much better for my purposes to return to the index page rather than the next image. With 500 images, it's much easier and quicker to look for your particular picture in the thumbnail index than it is to go through each picture.

I'm using Firefox version 3.5.6. I understand the reason to clear the shopping basket. It was just impossible to go anywhere after placing an order, unless you you hit the new viewer button. That may change. I'll let you know.

I have been using kiosk mode also. You can click back by right clicking the mouse.

Thanks for the time you're spending with me. It is appreciated.

Bob

01-01-2010, 12:54 AM
Hello again,
I started all over again and added another layer. I have the exact same issues in Firefox. I switched over to IE and I have the scroll bar with that. That apparently is a Firefox issue.

However, after placing an order or viewing a photo, the "up" button takes me back to the root level. It does appear to work correctly in the index page. That said, I haven't spent a lot of time with it. Anyway, this problem with it going back to the root level after an order or just viewing a photo is very confusing now. I've added some more folders to make it similar to what I'm planning and there are just too many different options for customers to sort out.

I think I'll stop for now. I'm just a little too tired. :)

Bob

05-01-2010, 06:26 AM
Hi Mike,
Have you had a chance to do anything else with the "up" "home" buttons? I think I'm going to give this a try at an event this weekend. I'll try it with just one folder if you don't get it resolved. If I knew anything about coding software, I'd try to help. Unfortunately, I don't.
Thanks,
Bob

Mike Weeks
05-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Bob,

as far as I can tell the Up and Home buttons work exactly as expected. What I have been working on over the last couple of days is moving from being able to use the first 6 items with the ordering system to be able to use all 12 - only about 1000 lines that had to be added or changed. There are a couple of other things that I am just finishing off (such as changing the continue looking button) and hope to post by the end of today.

Mike

Mike Weeks
05-01-2010, 07:50 PM
I have just posted version 1.3.4 where I have increased the amount of items that can be ordered to 12 different items. Location of Continue Image can be selected from last image or index.
Error found with Scroll Height (it does not work) with Firefox that will hopefully be fixed in next version.

Due to the large amount of changes that have had to be made I would appreciate that if you do find any errors you let me know.

Mike

05-01-2010, 10:10 PM
Hi Mike,
I haven't tried more than 6 items yet but I'm still having the issue with the up/home buttons. Let me see if I can describe it simply.

Basically both buttons link back to http://localhost/index.php. With 3 levels the "up" button links back correctly to http://localhost/subfolder/index.php. However, when you click on a thumbnail to view a larger image or buy a photo, it links back to http://localhost/index.php. Thus, you have to click back through the levels, find the correct subfolder, go to where you left off viewing, and then continue browsing your event. This happens with all the different options available on the setup. It doesn't seem to matter how many levels there are either.

FYI, I remade the "view album" "save album, "buy album", etc. buttons on an earlier version. I replaced the word "album" with "cart". That seems to be more familiar to the locals. :) Just thought I'd mention that. I don't expect you to make any changes.

Bob

Mike Weeks
05-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Bob,

thanks for that description it helped me find the error and I think that I have corrected it and have posted version 1.3.5. Still no luck with the scroll in Firefox but will work on it.

Mike

Mike Weeks
06-01-2010, 11:41 PM
Had another bash with with the UP button and hopefully 1.3.6 has fixed it.

Mike

Mike Weeks
07-01-2010, 07:12 PM
1.3.7 just uploaded and hopefully that is the FireFox scroll issue resolved. 4 or 5 hours work and the biggest part of the problem was that there was a space between the 500 and px i.e. 'height: 500 px;' did not work and 'height 500px;' did. Ilove problems like that.

Mike

Mike Weeks
12-01-2010, 09:43 PM
It is possible to generate pdf copies of the orders but this is not swtched on by support

pdflib.jpg

You need to left click WAMP, select PHP, the PHP extensions and then select php_pdflib and then in the skin select 'Auto PDF Orders On' in the Invoice tab.

Mike

Mike Weeks
14-01-2010, 09:55 PM
Version 1.3.8 adds the ability to overlay all images, such as with a sponsors logo, title or magazine cover. At present this is either on all images or on none.

Mike

RobMarsh
14-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Version 1.3.8 adds the ability to overlay all images, such as with a sponsors logo, title or magazine cover. At present this is either on all images or on none.

Mike

Now you are just showing off...... :rofl:

Well done though

Mike Weeks
14-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Rob,

I have a collection of ideas and sample code that I have built up over the 20 or so months that I have been working on this, along with suggestions. It is just working out what can and should be implemented and having the time to do it - most importantly they often rely on something else working properly, so hopefully not too many errors in the code.

Mike

andy scothern
14-01-2010, 11:11 PM
Hi Mike
I have just finished going through version 1.3.7 and all was well but now I will have to download version 1.3.8 and try that do you ever stop.
I cannot thank you enough for all you hard work you keep putting in on the Event view software it is a great bit of software.
I will get testing the new version asap I think Rob is struggling to keep up with you. Because it would be nice to get the updated instructions from Rob to help some of the new Event View uses to get it set up I am sure rob will catch up.

Great work lads(Mike and Rob)

Andy

:diff:

15-01-2010, 05:07 AM
Hi Mike,
I downloaded your latest version to see what you've done. I don't anticipate using the overlay but thought I'd see what it was about. Anyway, I couldn't figure out how to use it. I clicked the overlay box but didn't see where you select an image to overlay.

As others have said, thanks for what you've done.
Bob

Andy King
26-02-2010, 02:08 PM
Hi everyone,

Having a few problems due to my IT ineptitude regarding the event view initial set-up. Never mind the first hurdle, I can't seem to get out of the stalls.

I've installed all the software versions as per the instructions. WAMP and Jalbum running, how do I get EventView to run and into the drop down menu?

Thanks for any help.

Graham Taylor
28-02-2010, 08:33 PM
If Event View is not visable then sounds like you donot have installed in the Jalbum Skin folder.

andy scothern
28-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Hi
If you download the eventview from the forum page unzip the eventview then move the the folder with eventview in to the jalbum skins folder which is in C drive, Programs, then just drop it into the skins folder and then it should show in the drop down menu in Jalbum.

Andy

:diff:

Andy King
01-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Thanks guys.

Figured it out this morning. I mistook the terminology 'directory' as meaning somewhere in the registry and not simply a 'drag n drop' between folders.
Working away setting it up today, so I may well be back for further assistance. (Read that as undoubtedly back!)

AK

Andy King
01-03-2010, 05:23 PM
A little assistance required please, (I said I'd be back.....)

Finally all set-up and had it running fine, how I don't know but I did. Built a folder structure for an upcoming event, did all the bits in EventView, previews on the server, however on the viewing stations it just defaults back to the previous 'test' images I'd used.

Taking note of previous posts I've deleted the contents of the www folder but with the same result. Default to test images. (I've deleted the originals too).

Where/what am I not doing?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

AK

John Malone
31-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Hi again...

Browsers
Also noted:
Slideshow Errored:
Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in C:\wamp\www\phpslideshow.php on line 72

Notice: Undefined index: 0 in C:\wamp\www\phpslideshow.php on line 73

Thanks yet again,
Anthony

Mike,

I've just started dabbling with EventView and, although I've got it working ok, I had the same problem as Anthony, quoted above, and was wondering if I'd missed the fix for it?

I'm using your latest version, (1.4.0), JAlbum 9.2 and WampServer 2.1e (32 bits) (Dec 27 2010).

Do I need to go back to older versions?

Thanks

John

Mike Weeks
31-03-2011, 01:13 PM
John,

you can download and install earlier versions of php into WAMP which should solve the issues, have a look here viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4749 (http://www.eventphotographersociety.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=4749)

Mike

John Malone
31-03-2011, 08:41 PM
Thanks Mike, I'll give it a try and let you know.

John

Kevin_Baldwin
31-03-2011, 09:30 PM
can any one help

installed everything ok and setup albums etc.

when selecting slideshow and it comes on. little white boxes with red crosses are show rather then pictures?

the kind thing when pictures cant be found on websites...

Mike Weeks
31-03-2011, 09:51 PM
Kevin,

avoid the slideshow - I need to go back and see if I can resolve the issues as there are a few issues.

Mike

Kevin_Baldwin
31-03-2011, 10:06 PM
thank mike.

did try to phone you today but wen to voice mail.
another little issue we go it when the order is brought up. the link to image does not work?
the / is the wrong way around?

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.30618; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Timestamp: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 21:44:44 UTC

Line: 9
Char: 2
Code: 0
URI: http://localhost/ViewOrdersLast.php

thats the problem with the order

also have you tired the system with any touch screen monitors?

Mike Weeks
31-03-2011, 10:12 PM
Kevin,

got your message but have been unable to get back due to the work I am doing - will probably be avialable tomorrow.

Mike

John Malone
02-04-2011, 05:10 PM
can any one help

installed everything ok and setup albums etc.

when selecting slideshow and it comes on. little white boxes with red crosses are show rather then pictures?

the kind thing when pictures cant be found on websites...

Mike,

Installing PHP 5.2.11 didn't make any difference, then I got the same as Kevin when I installed all the older versions, and seeing your response to Kevin, I'll give up with it now.

Maybe try again when the slideshow is working.

Cheers
:puter:
John

Frederic de Laminne
24-06-2011, 07:17 PM
Hello,

I'm currently testing Event View and I must say it's a nice tool.

I think I ran into a 'bug' :
When there are many items in the cart, the customer will only see the first few ones depending of the size of the screen; once the bottom of the screen is reached, it's not possible to see the other ones that are below.
I have this behaviour in firefox and Chrome.

Looking at the CSS, it seems to be related to the contentwrapper div and the overflow:hidden; if you replace it by overflow:scroll;
the problem seems to be solved.

Mike Weeks
24-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Frederic,

thanks for that. I will look at making the changes in an update.

Mike

Frederic de Laminne
07-07-2011, 10:18 AM
I used Event View this week-end for an event I was shooting.
Before the event I did some tweaking and corrected a few 'problems' :
it is not possible to edit an email address when you review an order
changed some labels in the order form (to have a field named city instead of Addr 2)
I also tweaked the security of the Admin interface (aka control panel) to disallow view stations users to access it. It can be done by adding this in the Apache configuration :
<FilesMatch "^(ViewOrderNumber|paid|ViewOrdersLast|ControlPanel |Admin2|FindOrders)\.php$">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</FilesMatch>

My biggest issue was discovered with the 1st order on site, on all orders, the total was 40 more than expected. After some stress and looking around, it seems to related to the CD item I had defined in the products & pricing tab.
After removing the CD item, then my pricing was OK.
Here is how I defined my pricing :
http://www.event-pics.be/divers/forums/ ... roblem.jpg (http://www.event-pics.be/divers/forums/eventview-pricing-problem.jpg)

Is there anything wrong ?

Thanks for your help.

Graham Taylor
07-07-2011, 12:25 PM
Which CD item caused the problem or was it both?

Mike Weeks
07-07-2011, 01:40 PM
Need to look at the CD pricing but it follows the pattern of Price is for a CD (you have 40 euro), Qty is the amount of images that can be loaded per Disc (you have 10 images) - value is used for any additional images above the intial amount in Qty.

So anything from 1 to 10 images would cost 40 euros and and each additional image would cost 2 euros by the pricing you have set up on the CD price.

I could potentially get JAlbum to write a .htaccess file with the content

<FilesMatch "^(ViewOrderNumber|paid|ViewOrdersLast|ControlPanel |Admin2|FindOrders)\.php$">
Order Deny,Allow
Deny from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
</FilesMatch>

automatically with the only issue being if people need access from a different machine (could make it selectable)

Once the Prom season is finished I will llok at some of these changes.

Mike

Frederic de Laminne
07-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your replies.
Graham, it's the one on line item 11, with discount type CD.

Mike, the CD works fine if customer choose to get the image on a CD; but if they select a print, then it seems that the CD price is still added even if they have not selected to have an image on CD.
Really strange (but I didn't look at the code)