Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Shut Down [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Shut Down

Michael Martin
10-07-2011, 12:33 PM
Last night I had two printers, DS40 & DS80, plugged into one gantry along with a monitor, laptop and Airport Express wireless unit. It was not a very intensive evening, but later on, just before closing up thankfully, both printers lost power. Everything else carried on working without a hiccup. We swapped sockets, swapped cables, plugged both printers into another extension cable all to no avail. Then we swapped the whole gantry and they came back on again and we were able to fulfill the remaining orders.

Has anybody any idea of what happened here? I understand there may be a thermal cut off, but neither felt hot and had not been working that hard anyway and even if it was that, it would be unlikely that both would shut down together. The only other thing I can think of is a power surge from the industrial genny that was supplying power to all, but the gantry does have surge protection built in.

Can anybody shed any light on this so it can be avoided in the future.

Natalie-Briggs
10-07-2011, 07:59 PM
I cant help but wanted to say i have had exactly the same thing today woth my ds40 and had to change plugs twice ?

Michael Martin
10-07-2011, 09:35 PM
I cant help but wanted to say i have had exactly the same thing today woth my ds40 and had to change plugs twice ?

Maybe a conspiracy theory is needed, or is it just spooky?