Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Introduction [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Mark Amies
29-07-2009, 12:10 PM
As this section has only just come on- thanks to admin, I thought it appropriate to open up.

DNP is Dai Nippon, a Japanese company. They have a range of dye sub printers, notably the DS40 and the DS80.

The DS40 will do the 6x4,7x5 and 6x9" prints from a roll. It weighs 14kg unladen.

The DS80 will do 10x8 and 12x8" prints from a roll and again weighs 14kg unladen.

They are very similar as they wil use the same casing, mechanicals and electronics, but do two different jobs.

Quite alot has been said about DNP printers aleady on EPS, in both the Mitsubishi section and the Olmec section.

Having a seperate section will now help and cause less confusion, I hope!

To find out more about Dai Nippon DNP you can find them on the internet. I do believe I put something in the Trade section too.

I am sure more information will be presented as we go along.

Mark

Alan Hayward
30-07-2009, 04:10 PM
I have just bought the DNP DS80 and shall let you all know how i got on with the printer after my next couple of events.

Straight out of the box set up and printing was straightforward and the colour reproduction from the test prints were good no need to adjust at present.

Natalie-Briggs
09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Does the DS80 have a vista driver ??

Mark Amies
11-09-2009, 06:19 AM
Natalie , I would imagine that it has got this, as it is one of the newer printers. I will check for you when I get to the office, and post up as soon as know for sure.

Mark Amies
12-09-2009, 08:18 AM
I am sorry, I ran out of time yesterday ( Fridays can get very busy), and didn't get the answer. I do not think there will be a problem with this.

If it is still unanswered by the time I return in a week then I will chase it up.

Alan Hayward
12-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Hi, unless anything has changed in the last couple of months then the answer is no. I did however get a very quick fix from photomart they sent the driver via e-mail from phone call to fix approx 6 minutes. hope this helps.