Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Canon WFT4 not transferring all images [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Canon WFT4 not transferring all images

chris nutt
01-07-2011, 11:42 PM
Has anyone experienced this problem? I'm using 5D mk2 with a WFT4 linking into a router, FTP server on a loptop and lightroom. During our last 2 events we have seen that on a regular basis some of the images are not getting to the designated folder on the laptop. When checking on the camera the files are showing as transferred. The majority (90%) or so get into the folder Ok. I've had to resort to picking the images on the camera screen and manually transferring. During tonight's prom it was a total pain in the posterior...
Table top tests back at home doesn't show up any problems.
If the camera is out of wifi range the images don't transfer but the camera shows this up correctly.
Any ideas guys and gals?

chris nutt
01-07-2011, 11:47 PM
Forgot to say that I'm using Jefferys folder watch as a LR plugin. I'm also seeing LR reporting a "image offline or missing" on a few other images. So it looks like the image has uploaded, LR has done it's stuff to generate the preview, but them the file goes AWOL. The issues are probably linked in some way.
Heeeellllppppp......

Stuart Morley
02-07-2011, 04:42 AM
Try it shooting into the computer without the folder watch to see if it is transfer issue or something LR or folder watch related.

Stu

www.systeminsight.co.uk (http://www.systeminsight.co.uk)

Graham Taylor
02-07-2011, 08:26 AM
I would try a step by step test to try and find where the problem lay. As Stuart suggests firstly try transfering just a folder on the server. If no problems then try the next step. Not sure why you are running folder watch but I dont know much about LR, can you not just have LR "watching the image folder without the plugin?

chris nutt
02-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Thanks guys - as I have some time today before tonights corporate event I'll work through a methodical fault-finding...
Brain was rather tired last night after a very rowdy prom - and a broken umbrella box :cry: Luckily the flash survived.... Same school and same venue as last year - but a totally different event. We packed up before anything else happenned.

chris nutt
03-07-2011, 08:15 AM
Looks like it's sorted. I found I had Lightroom Auto Import also turned on (left it on after some experiments I guess..). Turned it off - tested the system before the event last night - and everything behaved itself during the evening.