Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
DNP DS40 - Prints a little to Red [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : DNP DS40 - Prints a little to Red

DominicSmith
01-07-2011, 08:04 PM
Hi There

I'm a new member moving up from a Hi Ti 730PS.

Got the printer up an running without too much trouble, but the test prints using the std profile are just a wee bit too red.

Does anyone else have this issue and are there any other profiles I can download to try and compensate.

Thanks

Graham Taylor
04-07-2011, 11:06 AM
Which profile are you using? Make sure its the latest as I find it very accurate. Alternatively you could try removing some of the red yourself or go for a custom profile with Pure Profiles which costs just under 15 (I think EPS get a discount from these?).

Mark Amies
04-07-2011, 11:15 AM
Profiling of not only the printer ( which DNP is usually AOK out of teh box) , but also the camera, the VDU, is a complex matter.

But Dominic, do call us, as with the other queries you had ( of which there are 3) , we are here to help.

DominicSmith
04-07-2011, 03:37 PM
Mark thanks for calling on Sat and leaving a message re this. I missed your call due to a Wedding. I tweaked the colours a little in PS prior to printing and they were not to bad. Guests did not notice anything. I'ts just me being picky. The DS40 performed likr a dream. With the 730ps we always hsd to wait on the printer catching up with us. This time I could not believe how quickly we produced prints, and the guests were amazed. The printer easily saved us an hour of time we used to spend waiting for the Hi Ti to finish the print batch. And because we were able to get prints into guests hands within minutes of starting, other guests got to see them and this generated additional sales. We are working for a client foing some green screen pics at the Tall Ships event at Greenock next weekend and expect to produce over 1,000 picd in 3 days. I'll let you know how we get on next week.

Mark Amies
04-07-2011, 04:12 PM
Ok Dominic, well I am relieved to hear that . :-)